Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetConnects 'On Time' performance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:43 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
The single biggest annoyance with the Australian domestic QPs is the bartender - no pour your own.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:55 pm

JNO and the others are having the inside and outside revamped but not until they are actuallly due. You may have noticed the new seat covers but they are just put on overnight to bring everything into line as they are now the only seat covers that are stocked in NZ aside from the international ones.

Im not sure on the dates, but a few rumours are flying around the traps about how long most of the 300s will actually be with us and whether its actually worth doing much to them if they are soon to be disposed of.

The possibility of 800s is among us but ROT presents a problem with a sole 400/800 fleet so im curious as to how they would solve that problem after the final 300 goes.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by workflyer
The possibility of 800s is among us but ROT presents a problem with a sole 400/800 fleet so im curious as to how they would solve that problem after the final 300 goes.
Aren't they extending the runway in ROT? Worst case QF could exit that market. With just 1 flight per day it should have much impact financially.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Aren't they extending the runway in ROT? Worst case QF could exit that market. With just 1 flight per day it should have much impact financially.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 7:57 pm

Ive never worked a ROT that isnt at least 90% full (usually only 1 or 2 spare seats), and it is also mainly through traffic for ZQN so could actually be detrimental to the route network to shut it down. The runway extension is something ive heard also, and would be a viable solution im sure.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
JThe possibility of 800s is among us but ROT presents a problem with a sole 400/800 fleet so im curious as to how they would solve that problem after the final 300 goes.
I read on the Sydney Airport messageboard that the latest batch of 5 738's ebing delivered are the "short field" version. Perhaps a sign of things to come?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Ive never worked a ROT that isnt at least 90% full (usually only 1 or 2 spare seats), and it is also mainly through traffic for ZQN so could actually be detrimental to the route network to shut it down.
The few times I've flown QF to/from ROT it has only been 3/4 full at best. You're right in implying it is mainly tourists.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
I read on the Sydney Airport messageboard that the latest batch of 5 738's ebing delivered are the "short field" version. Perhaps a sign of things to come?
Any 737-800 deliveries to Jetconnect from Qantas directly would be hand downs from the original fleet so I doubt we would see these registered in NZ anytime soon.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 2:00 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Catering truck vs 737

I have been told a catering truck ran into a 734 yesterday a damaged it. It is the one I am currently waiting for now.
QF NZ schedule had quite a few cancellations and delays....
Oh can anyone tell me why 733 ZK-JNB has had some paint stripped away in stripes on its body? It appears to go to the green/grey primer.
Is this the first Jetconnect to get a new paint job?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 2:44 am

It was infact the toilet truck...

JNB's green stripes are just the glue that is applied after undergoing its overhaul check when the fueselage is put back together, they are then meant to be painted white.

Im yet to receive a confirmed explanation for this, but two rumours are they didnt bother because yes it is receiving a fresh livery soon, the other (and probably what I will go with) is the maintenance team took too long and the aircraft was needed back in service and will be completed at a later date.

Either way it looks revolting. A passenger asked if it Qantas' retaliation to the NZ Holidays 737..
Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
It was infact the toilet truck...

JNB's green stripes are just the glue that is applied after undergoing its overhaul check when the fueselage is put back together, they are then meant to be painted white.

Im yet to receive a confirmed explanation for this, but two rumours are they didnt bother because yes it is receiving a fresh livery soon, the other (and probably what I will go with) is the maintenance team took too long and the aircraft was needed back in service and will be completed at a later date.

Either way it looks revolting. A passenger asked if it Qantas' retaliation to the NZ Holidays 737..
It is good to hear from you workflyer.
Roy at the AKL QP announced it was the catering truck, obviously making it more glamerous.
Oh and a thank you to Roy N from AKL QP as it was his last day working for QF as he now pursuing a career up the front of the plane. Congratualtions Roy and thanks for the help you have given me at AKL.^

Last edited by Blackcloud; Mar 19, 2008 at 12:16 pm
Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:42 am

Ahh yes Roy.. very polite young fella. He was the nervous nelly whom was travelling to WLG thismorning and came to Crew Room asking advice on how to get a jumpseat boarding pass. I told him and threw in a "dont touch anything in there" before wishing him all the best for his new career path.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:00 pm

Flew AKL to CHC return this week and both flights were actually on time !. Having posted previously about the poor OTP and/or flights being cancelled, I thought I should equally give credit for good performance. Are things on the improve or was I just lucky ?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:54 pm

Haha!

I have to say we feel things have mimproved greatly in recent times and the lastest major disruption was actually caused by an airport worker driving into an aircraft rather than the actual fleet.

In saying that, there will always be a few reliability issues when operating a small fleet of ageing aircraft. Time management and using the aircraft wisely to minimise any disruptions that occur will be the key to ensuring the majority of our passengers arrive on time.

Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:35 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Flew QF442 connecting to QF117 tonight (MEL-SYD-WLG) -- $800 cheaper than direct return.

QF442 was late - windscreen needed tightening and the cabin was leaking -- but that's not JetConnect.

QF117 was delayed... and delayed.. and delayed.. due to engineering. Finally a 1900 they canceled it due to engineering and the curfew in WLG, and we have been rescheduled for 0700. So far (1935) there has been nothing further except that there will be an announcement to tell us how we get out of the lounge and back airside.

This will be fun, I'm sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.