Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incident at BME

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by trekkie
i am very interested in the qantas-JQ connection. I assume that the op had booked the original jq flight the following day. If qantas services are delayed or cancelled, would they assist in jetstar bookings. The 2 airlines are essentially one company and i would think qantas would do it.
I'm not aware of any JQ service into BME. Only QF mainline and QFlink.

Last edited by Keith009; May 17, 2007 at 9:22 am
Old May 17, 2007, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by QF009
The OP went on to a JQ flight leaving from SYD.
Old May 17, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QF009
At least not at this point in time, there aren't. I dare say they are on the JQ radar.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Whoops - apologies for misreading.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Exactly correct.

I had planned to get to to SYD in the evening, dinner, sleep, then pop into the office before getting the lunchtime JQ flight to OOL.

What I ended up doing was like a military experiment in sleep deprivation, followed by the hike from SYD T3 to T2, wait for 2 hours for JQ to bother staffing a desk, dump my bag, and then get refused entry to the SYD QP as I was on a JQ fright.

Infact, as an aside, I MUST have been sleep deprived, because I didn't notice that my hotel in OOL sneekily converted my Visa card slip into GBP at a rate of A$1.9=1GBP without asking me ... and I signed it! Curses...

The ticketing issue at BME was interesting... they have no ticket office there, and the service desk told me that all ticketing must be done via 131313. However 131313 told me that if there were any rerouting issues it must be dealt with by the airport staff. I reached deadlock on that one, with no give at all on either side. Interestingly 131313 did tell me that in any case JQ was a totally different company to QF, so if I missed the JQ flight, tough, I qould have to take it up with JQ, not QF.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by lorkers
and then get refused entry to the SYD QP as I was on a JQ fright.

Well you may have been stooged then. AFAIK WP, SG and QP all get access when travelling on JQ (I can attest that I did the only time I flew JQ)...Edit: I did get access to QP, not stooged.

Last edited by tuapekastar; May 18, 2007 at 2:44 am Reason: Clarity
Old May 18, 2007, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuapekastar
AFAIK WP, SG and QP all get access when travelling on JQ
Alas BAEC Gold doesn't - it's not a oneWorld flight, even though I booked via the QF website (I know, I know... already discussed). I was just hopping to twatwaffle my way in... but got rumbled.
Old May 18, 2007, 3:13 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
.... and then get refused entry to the SYD QP as I was on a JQ fright.
I guess you felt similar to how I felt in being denied entry to the BA lounge at CDG. In your case you weren't on a OW flight, in my case it wasn't a BA operated lounge and I was flying the wrong class on BA! If BA would pay for you, and QF pay for me then maybe we'd both get into the lounges I ain't holding my breathe however!
Old May 18, 2007, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I guess you felt similar to how I felt in being denied entry to the BA lounge at CDG. In your case you weren't on a OW flight, in my case it wasn't a BA operated lounge and I was flying the wrong class on BA! If BA would pay for you, and QF pay for me then maybe we'd both get into the lounges I ain't holding my breathe however!
Is that common at contract lounges?
I was nearly denied entry at the Bellevue lounge in ZRH because the agent didn't know whether to charge BA (I was flying BA Y ZRH-LHR) or AA (my status FFP). Was let in eventually after a supervisor came along.
Old May 18, 2007, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Alas BAEC Gold doesn't - it's not a oneWorld flight, even though I booked via the QF website (I know, I know... already discussed). I was just hopping to twatwaffle my way in... but got rumbled.
My Goodness; In your shoes I would have very nicely related the circumstance of my arrival at SYD T2 QP, being ¾ a day late due to Qantas' problems. Surely admittance would then have been achieved.
Old May 18, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Aaah! A lack of profile info, combined with (incorrect) assumptions on my part.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
As a BAEC Silver I never had problems getting into the QP in Sydney when flying to Hobart on Jetstar. Now I am Gold and just arrived in Australia again as part of a LHR-FRA-SIN-SYD-BNE-PPP itiniery on BA-QF-JQ and I will be very upset if my 3 hour layover in BNE is outside the lounge (the last leg is on Jetstar). Maybe my QF J BP for the previous legs will get me in if the JQ BP doesn't...

JS

Edited to add:

Showed my used SYD-BNE BP at the BNE QP desk and they let me in, no problem.

Last edited by James S; May 18, 2007 at 7:10 pm Reason: follow-up
Old May 19, 2007, 9:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I have been assured by QP staff at BNE, MEL and SYD T2 that access when flying on JQ is available to ALL OW Emerald and Sapphire members, even though it isn't clearly stated as such in the entry requirements.

Dave
Old May 19, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by James S
Showed my used SYD-BNE BP at the BNE QP desk and they let me in, no problem.

The BNE QP is flexible as gar as entry checking goes. I, a lowly QP NB, have just flashed my card to gain entry without ever showing my OLSI boarding pass that was in my bag.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

*** BUMP ***

Just to close this one out, incase you're wondering how it turned out, I used the online comment section on qantas.com.au to point out that sleeping on the floor at BME isn't really what I had in mind for a nit, and a few comments on how it might have been better handled, but complementing the pilot on coming out to speak with us, and for QF for putting on a new plane.

2.5 months later without a word, I've just a letter on my doormat (Wow! Speedy response!), very blandly thanking me for my comments, giving me 10,000 QF miles, and with a cheque for A$150 as comensation for my trouble.

Interestingly, I never asked for compensation. Well, can't say fairer! Now, where will 10,000 miles take me... oh, damn...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.