Wiki Posts
Search

Cityflyer & Dinner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Cityflyer & Dinner

My first business trip is finally on the horizon and I will be heading down to Melbourne in a couple of weeks. Currently booked on QF487 (SYD-MEL) and was wondering if there was dinner served on this flight?

On the way back, QF742 (MEL-CBR) is technically a Cityflyer but I am guessing that it will be a 'snack' but the booze should be on tap.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do you mean QF467? If so , then being a 19:30 departure then it should have a meal service since Cityflyer evening meal times are listed as 18:00 - 20:00

flight to Canberra should have fee drinks too.

Dave
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat | UA MP
Note also that the 5:50pm departures BNE-MEL serve dinner, which is a welcome relaxing of the listed 6pm mealtimes.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 2:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Shano
Note also that the 5:50pm departures BNE-MEL serve dinner, which is a welcome relaxing of the listed 6pm mealtimes.
Hmmmm - I wonder if it is a result of my whinge a few months back.....

Dave
Old Apr 7, 2007, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
QF 487 departs at 8PM, at the very end of the dinner window. One can't help but wonder if the airline would pull a shifty?

I would want to be prepared, though SYD T3 doesn't have that much in the way of great food.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:40 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
With a departure time of 20:00, you will be served a dinner. As Dave Noble mentioned earlier, the dinner window is from 18:00-20:00 (confirmed by the numerous posters plastered on the airbridge at SYD and MEL). As for QF 724, you will be served a 'refreshment' along with complimentary booze.

Originally Posted by thadocta
Hmmmm - I wonder if it is a result of my whinge a few months back.....
Unfortunately, your whinge did not cause any changes, Dave. The reason I said this is that last time I travelled on QF 635 in 2004 (the 17:50 dep from BNE to MEL), I was served a hot dinner, so I guess the strict dinner times are only for shorter sectors like MEL-SYD. SYD-BNE, ADL-MEL, with more flexibility for longer flights.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Breakfast or refreshment?

Diverging slightly OT, I'm travelling QF953 BNE-CBR on Saturday, with 0835 departure. It is showing as "Refreshment" service, but shouldn't this be a breakfast flight? I'm sure I have had breakfast before in J, but this time am travelling in Y. Has anyone taken this flight recently?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by mattm199
Diverging slightly OT, I'm travelling QF953 BNE-CBR on Saturday, with 0835 departure. It is showing as "Refreshment" service, but shouldn't this be a breakfast flight? I'm sure I have had breakfast before in J, but this time am travelling in Y. Has anyone taken this flight recently?
Last time was in J... couple of years ago and remember brekkie, but I'm sure that brekkie in Y finishes at either 8 or 8:30am with Qantas. Not entirely sure though.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:15 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Last time was in J... couple of years ago and remember brekkie, but I'm sure that brekkie in Y finishes at either 8 or 8:30am with Qantas. Not entirely sure though.
According to the posters that I saw on the airbridge while I was boarding my flight on Saturday, breakfast is available in Y from 06:00 to 08:30, which is unlucky for mattm199 since his flight missed the meal window by 5 mins.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:14 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by mattm199
Since your profile says SG, I'd be having breakfast in the QP. That'll be 100 times better than any WHY breakfast that may be served on board!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:16 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by og
That'll be 100 times better than any WHY breakfast that may be served on board!
og I've told you a THOUSAND times! Don't exaggerate!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:20 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by willyroo
og I've told you a THOUSAND times! Don't exaggerate!
He didn't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.