Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Club Gold
Seat Selection

Have been allocated seat 34C (first row of economy) automatically by the QF system on my upcoming trip to LHR on QF1. What do people think of this seat based on previous experiences?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Platinum
Interested to know the responses as I am in 34A on QF2 to Sydney in November - I like that there is no-one reclining in my face my I guess the flip side is not being able to stretch out under the seat in front.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum OW Emerald
Originally Posted by vaggus
Interested to know the responses as I am in 34A on QF2 to Sydney in November - I like that there is no-one reclining in my face my I guess the flip side is not being able to stretch out under the seat in front.
If you are tall, its not a great seat being a bulkhead seat, and also the tables are stored in the armrest. 35K [or H] is the best [Y] seat, as 34 H, I, K are crew rest seats, so [usually] noone in front, they don't recline and you have underseat storage and leg room.

Cheers
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:39 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
If sitting in the exit rows, it may be a good idea to wear light coloured sox so that the people or crew milling around the door can see your feet in the dim light. Better that than wearing black sox and getting your feet trodden on when trying to sleep!
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by QF32
If you are tall, its not a great seat being a bulkhead seat, and also the tables are stored in the armrest. 35K [or H] is the best [Y] seat, as 34 H, I, K are crew rest seats, so [usually] noone in front, they don't recline and you have underseat storage and leg room.
I agree. I prefer 35K to 34A (my preference is window for sleeping) for exactly these reasons.

Bulkhead seats are good for face room and knee room. But for a long flight, it's foot room and overall recline that count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.