Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Anyone NOT received a QF FF card at renewal time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

Hi all

Just reading the thread about status being renewed early reminded me my m'ship year just expired but I haven't received a new card.

Has this happened to anyone else?

If I am alone in this I suspect it may have been stolen from the post box because I imagine the new cards are auto generated and posted?

With regards

LME etc etc
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
the only reason you should need a new card is if you're visiting a lounge with unfriendly dragons.

the qf ff cards don't have the expiry date embedded into the data stripe meaning you can use a 5 year old card for check-in for example.

Your old/existing plat card will work fine
Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d00t
the only reason you should need a new card is if you're visiting a lounge with unfriendly dragons.
Exactly... speaking of which I have an upcoming trip to London - with BA flights - card kinda essential. But plenty of time to get it issued before I go...
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Mine arrived a couple of days after the start of new membership year.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Spoke with QF today - my card was printed and sent in June so guess it must have got lost. (Maybe I should keep my eye on ebay )

What might be of interest is that they checked to see if a manual hold had been placed in the card - apparently they sometimes print the card then hold it and only send the card once the right number of SCs has been earnt - guess this is when they send out the letters advising people they might not reualify but to 'call with future travel plans'?

Regards

LME etc etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.