Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which side aircraft for best views?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
which side aircraft for best views?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I thought I would give it a try.

I'm going to be flying SYD-DRW, DRW-PER and PER-ADL the next few days. All daytime flights. Was curious which side of the aircraft would have the best views, if any at all?

Thanks for the recommendations in advance!
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:42 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
  • SYD-DRW, either side (not sure there will be much to see)
  • DRW-PER - right-hand side
  • PER-ADL - left-hand side

Best views will probably be on the Darwin to Perth flight as I believe it tracks over Kununurra and the Kimberely. You might also see some of the big mines around the Tom Price/Newman/Parraburdoo region (and those bl**dy long trains)

Cheers
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:20 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by QF NB
You might also see some of the big mines around the Tom Price/Newman/Parraburdoo region (and those bl**dy long trains)

Cheers
And not to mention the odd b*s .
Old Aug 31, 2006, 4:22 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by QF NB
  • SYD-DRW, either side (not sure there will be much to see)
  • DRW-PER - right-hand side
  • PER-ADL - left-hand side
I concur with these recommendations. Re SYD-DRW, you might try to have a seat well away from the wing / engine. If you are landscape gazing, the reflection from the metal can be hard on the eyes - this will commonly be more of a problem if you sit on the shady side. The inland views along the flight track can actually be quite interesting if you understand anything about geography / geology.

PER-ADL: the interesting parts are the salt lakes in the wheat growing areas (note that the clearing activities to create the wheat farmland raised the watertables and actually made the slight salt problem a very serious problem). You might see the tracks that wild fires have taken (and you can easily figure out which direction the wind was from). Then you will pass over the Great Australian Bight and see the tall cliffs and big waves that hit them. Hope there is no cloud! And yes, you'll see more from the left side, but a right side seat will also have great views and you'll be out of the sun.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks for the recommendations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.