Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Award Booking website down - Still charged 2500 point fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking website down - Still charged 2500 point fee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Angry Award Booking website down - Still charged 2500 point fee

If you try to access the online award booking site, you'll get the following message:

Error

An internal error has occurred in the Qantas Frequent Flyer, online Award booking system. If you have provided your credit card details please check Your Bookings to see if your booking was completed. Otherwise, please try again or contact Telephone Sales on 13 11 31 within Australia or your local Qantas Telephone Sales office to make your Award booking.
This has been going on all weekend as far as I can tell.

Since I didn't want to lose the award space on my flight (Aug. 2 flight) I ended up calling as it didn't look like the website was coming back anytime soon. The agent was very nice and knew what my next question would be after "I am calling to book an award since the website is down." She said that she had to charge me the fee, but she would note in my record that the website was down.

She said that a decision would likely be made on Monday, and I then I would know if a refund was due. I hope QF comes through with the 2500 point refund. Charging it when the website is down is simply absurd.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The award bookings site was working yesterday when I tried. A couple of times I tried logging in and got an error , but it did work later

I suspect that the agent will not reimburse the 2500 fee, though hopefully they will

Dave
Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The award bookings site was working yesterday when I tried. A couple of times I tried logging in and got an error , but it did work later
Interesting. I tried intermittently over the weekend, but had no luck. Still does not work for me right now.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I suspect that the agent will not reimburse the 2500 fee, though hopefully they will
I don't have high hopes, but she said "management" would make a decision on Monday. FWIW, I called the US call centre in Tuscon.

In anticipating my question, she also said that a bunch of others had called up under the same circumstance.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 5:04 pm
kev

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTG, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by qasr
Interesting. I tried intermittently over the weekend, but had no luck. Still does not work for me right now.

I don't have high hopes, but she said "management" would make a decision on Monday. FWIW, I called the US call centre in Tuscon.

In anticipating my question, she also said that a bunch of others had called up under the same circumstance.
Same happened to me about 3 weeks ago - Website was down and I called the 13 number and they immediately waived the 2500 point fee. I got a call centre in Melbourne.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kev
Same happened to me about 3 weeks ago - Website was down and I called the 13 number and they immediately waived the 2500 point fee. I got a call centre in Melbourne.
Hurf. Still there today, I'll call them up tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.