Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Success of pre-allocating exit-aisle seats? (LAX-MEL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Hey guys,

just wondering how much success people have had in the past calling up and trying to be pre-allocated an exit-aisle seat (or bulkhead). I have called the QantasUSA line a few times and they tell me these seats are only available for allocation on the day of the flight.

My flight is LAX-MEL-LAX and I do have OneWorld Emerald status (AA ExPlat).

Thanks,

Adam
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:24 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You need higher status to be able to book these seats in advance, EXP is not high enough. The agent is correct, you will have to wait to book at the airport (where it is first come, first served, if they hadn't already been booked ahead of time).
Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kamarge
Hey guys,

just wondering how much success people have had in the past calling up and trying to be pre-allocated an exit-aisle seat (or bulkhead). I have called the QantasUSA line a few times and they tell me these seats are only available for allocation on the day of the flight.
The exit rows can be pre-selected by QF Platinum and Chairman's Lounge members. Without that status , you may be able to get them at check in if they are stil available.

Dave
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like i'll just have to try my luck on the day then! Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Adam
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
There is a very real chance that there will be some such seats available at the last minute. Since WPs and above can pre-allocate then, those WPs and above are also highest on the upgrade wait list - should they have decided that a seat up front is better than one in WHY. If their upgrades are confirmed, those pre-allocated exit row seats will become available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.