Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QFF Points, Bonuses & SCs on Australian Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG

I know, I know! Generally you don't get QFF points for Australian Airlines.

How about those with QF flight numbers?
I used the points calculator of the website to see what AKL-SYD-KIX would get me. The result was QFF points+Status Bonus+SCs.
However, if I entered AKL-SYD-CNS-KIX as the routing would essentially be, the calculator tells me that CNS-KIX is with Australian Airlines and therefore no QFFpoints or SCs.

So, pray what is the reality?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No Points when travelling on AO

From the T&Cs

9.3.2 For the purposes of earning Points, Status Credits and the Minimum Points Guarantee, Eligible Flights exclude:
(a) Australian Airlines operated flights even where a Qantas flight number (QF) is shown on the ticket;

Dave
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No Points when travelling on AO

From the T&Cs

9.3.2 For the purposes of earning Points, Status Credits and the Minimum Points Guarantee, Eligible Flights exclude:
(a) Australian Airlines operated flights even where a Qantas flight number (QF) is shown on the ticket;

Dave
Thank you, Sir! Missed that one
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:52 am
Original Poster

It appears that, unbeknownst to it, the calculator may have been speaking the truth after all - I had been investigating the AKL-SYD-KIKX intinerary for travel in Sep 2006!

(Of course, the answer remains incorrect should SYD-KIX travel be on Japan Air Lines ... no QFFpoints there either!)

Answer Number 453 Australian Airlines flights booked after 30 June 2006

Question
What happens if I have an Australian Airlines flight booked for after 30 June 2006?

Answer
If you have a paid or Award flight booking with Australian Airlines for after 30 June 2006, your booking is currently being updated to reflect the carrier change from Australian Airlines to Qantas. We do not anticipate any significant changes to schedule but once this has been done a Qantas staff member will contact you regarding the change and to answer any questions you may have.

If you are a Frequent Flyer you will earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on these flights subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer terms and conditions.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:39 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Which will change in 2007 when JL joins OneWorld.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.