Search

ADL-MEL-SYD and Checked Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt GP Diamond
Question ADL-MEL-SYD and Checked Baggage

Hi People,

This is my first post after being a long time lurker, so please take it easy!!

Anyway, I am flying ADL-MEL on Monday am and then MEL-SYD on Monday evening - with checked baggage.

As I have no need to access the baggage during the day, will QF transfer my stuff and allow me to pick it up in Sydney?

Cheers

Glenn
Old Jun 16, 2006, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Welcome to FT GlenB1968.

My guess is yes they should do it for you. Although I have never tried it domestically with QF, I have done it internationally and in Europe, arrive early AM departing mid afternoon, and they have had no problem checking my bags right through.

I am not sure if there is a formal policy on how long they will hold bags.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:00 am

Yeah they should. However be aware that they might put your bags in storage during the time that you are away from the airport.

I once had ADL-SYD (Intl), SYD-BNE with a 12+ hour stopover. Qantas happily checked my baggage back in, but told me that I would have to advise staff upon arrival again at the airport that I was back and to put my bags on my flight.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 8:04 pm
S_B

Programs: QFF
My first post here too.

Don't forget you might be able to Check in and get boarding passes to both flights from Adelaide itself. Qantas now say you can get return boarding passes if the return flight is the same day - so I don't see how going Mel-Syd is any different.

SB
Old Jun 21, 2006, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt GP Diamond
FWIW,

I was able to check in and get both boarding passes (never in doubt!) and was also able to check baggage through to SYD.

Upon arrival it was also (almost) one of the first bags off!!

Thanks for the advice.

GB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.