Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas / BA to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
Qantas / BA to Singapore

I'm considering a holiday out to Singapore and wondered if anyone had any views on the merits (good or bad) of flying Qantas at 12.00 from Heathrow or an evening flight from London with either BA or Qantas. I'll be flying Club if I go. I don't really need to be in Singapore at 08.00 in the morning, but wondered if the service is any better during the day and if anyone knows what the menu's likely to be like?

Thanks,

Chris.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:44 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Day flights are always better for meals ... lots of BA and QF menus have been posted on FT, search and you will find. IFE is much better on QF than on BA, and QF has refurbished their 744s while BA has not yet done so (some are in dreadful shape). This should change over the next year, but presently QF is generally better on this route, at least to my taste. Due to the JSA there really is no difference between the 2 on this route (same ground facilities); however BA does treat codeshare pax as 2nd class sometimes.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
One key question is whether you are going to sleep very much. If you land in Singapore at 0800, it's going to be midnight or 0100 in London, meaning that for the entire flight your body will not have allowed you to sleep or sleep well - but you then have to deal with a brand new day in Singapore.

My personal preference is always a late night departure, because then I can get snuggled down and sleep for the bulk of the flight. It makes it go very fast.

Although there is a major Club refurb in the works on BA, you probably know about the recent tarting-up which has put on softer seat cushions and improved the product in a number of little ways.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Tale the night flight. If I was travelling onto SYD then I would take the day flight, only because when you arrive back in Oz its night-time so not long to wait until sleep time, but as your going to SIN I would take the night departure for the same reason.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would take the day flight. Nice civilised departure time, fly down to Singapore arriving late UK time. Pop to hotel and grab 3-4 hours sleep and then have the afternoon in Singapore

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.