Search

AVOD on QF93/107?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver, SAS Eurobonus
AVOD on QF93/107?

Hi all,

I'm new to this group, so apologies in advance if this has already been asked ...

I am booked on QF 93 (MEL-LAX) and QF 107 (LAX-JFK) on Sunday 27/08 - does anyone know if these flights have AVOD on board, or does it differ each flight/day depending on aircraft??

Thank you

Martin
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
It varies by individual aircraft, but AVOD has a high failure rate. Expect less than 50% chance of having a working AVOD on your flights.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by number_6
It varies by individual aircraft, but AVOD has a high failure rate. Expect less than 50% chance of having a working AVOD on your flights.
50% on a good day.

In the last 6 months I have taken 6 longhaul flights to Asia and Europe and AVOD has only worked once although all flights have had it installed, except for one iirc.

Even worse is when the guy next to you has his working but your stuck with Kath & Kim re-runs that havent been changed in months on Q Comedy.

When it works though its very good for filling in the time, some of the old movies they have on are pretty good to, better than most of the dribble coming out of Hollywood at the moment.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 6:11 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by bensyd
50% on a good day.

In the last 6 months I have taken 6 longhaul flights to Asia and Europe and AVOD has only worked once although all flights have had it installed, except for one iirc.

Even worse is when the guy next to you has his working but your stuck with Kath & Kim re-runs that havent been changed in months on Q Comedy.

When it works though its very good for filling in the time, some of the old movies they have on are pretty good to, better than most of the dribble coming out of Hollywood at the moment.
My last flight I had bewitched to view, great time waster

If AVOD works its great if it does not it gets you very but it has always worked for me
Old Jun 5, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by martin79
Hi all,

I'm new to this group, so apologies in advance if this has already been asked ...

I am booked on QF 93 (MEL-LAX) and QF 107 (LAX-JFK) on Sunday 27/08 - does anyone know if these flights have AVOD on board, or does it differ each flight/day depending on aircraft??

Thank you

Martin
G'Day Martin,

Unfortunately the information you are requesting is too difficult to obtain as the departure date is so far off. It would be hard to determine aircraft rotation at this stage, however MEL-LAX will be operated by a 747-400E/R and I believe they've been given priority with AVOD upgrades. The information (current) I have suggests that only only 1 744E/R (namely VH-OEE - think JFK incident) is fitted with the AVOD system.

Best to ask the question closer to the date!

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.