Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How good is Qf about finding double award bookings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is Qf about finding double award bookings?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

currently ticketed with AA miles JFK-SYD via LAX in U and returning via AKL. I would like to book a Z ticket SFO-SYD on QF and returning on TN SYD-JFK via PPT. the dates are the same. I'm doing this beacuse my partner my not be able to join me, however I won't find out for a week. If I travel solo I would like to travel in F and I don't want to mis the chance while they are available. If QF finds this will they cancel what I have? Thank you for your help.

Last edited by flyer121; May 31, 2006 at 9:04 pm
Old May 31, 2006, 9:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
QF is very good at finding double bookings and will cancel both awards. They do this as there is a shortage of award seats and high demand, causing them to scrub inventory in order to satisfy priority requests. Any non-QF awards are scrutinized, particularly from AA where there is a long track record of irregularities so they know it is easy pickings. The latter part is conjecture (I don't work for QF), but I do know that there is a dept in Sydney which does this.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:17 pm

I REALLY doubt that qantas will cancel the booking. I have often had 2 bookings on the same day going on different flights using points even out of the same account(had forward bookings when awards changed and I was waiting to re date)
I have never had them cancel an award.It doesnt matter to them and they probably hope you will do a no show and they can keep the miles(that almost happened to me)

paid bookings are a different matter and they will always send an email to an agent or someone before just cancelling (I think)
that has also happened to me when tickets are not paid for-never when they are actually ticketed. once again they probably hope that there will be a no show so they can keep the money!

just remember to change or cancel at least 24 hrs before scheduled departure
Old Jun 1, 2006, 2:17 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
But you were using QFF points for the booking, it is a different procedure for AAdvantage bookings on QF. I once had a revenue F booking made on aa.com canceled by QF due to some software problem, QF seems to really have it in for AA. It was hard to reinstate and I was WP at the time (good old QF had oversold F).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.