Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Domestic booking

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Help with Domestic booking

Hey all.. for the first time I don't have the luxury of a secretary making flight bookings for me so I'm a bit lost. I'm making a trip down to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (might throw in Hobart if time and finances allow), and I'm flying in from Singapore.

I have a couple of options, the best of which I reckon is to fly in on QF on an open-jaw to fly into Brisbane and out from Melbourne, or vice versa. I'm just wondering if it'll be cheaper to purchase the domestic flights together with the international leg, or to purchase it separately?

I'm a little anti-LCC so jetstar and virgin will be outta question, but if I have to I'll do it... anyone with any recommendations or suggestions?? I'm rather lost!!
Old May 30, 2006, 7:56 am

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Originally Posted by metcalve
Hey all.. for the first time I don't have the luxury of a secretary making flight bookings for me so I'm a bit lost. I'm making a trip down to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (might throw in Hobart if time and finances allow), and I'm flying in from Singapore.

I have a couple of options, the best of which I reckon is to fly in on QF on an open-jaw to fly into Brisbane and out from Melbourne, or vice versa. I'm just wondering if it'll be cheaper to purchase the domestic flights together with the international leg, or to purchase it separately?

I'm a little anti-LCC so jetstar and virgin will be outta question, but if I have to I'll do it... anyone with any recommendations or suggestions?? I'm rather lost!!
If you want to come to HBA you may have to fly DJ or JQ...otherwise there are only 3 flights a day (2 MEL 1 SYD).
Old May 30, 2006, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum

Virgin I would not call LCC anymore. I'd say Virgin is better than or equal to most legacy carriers in the US for domestic flights and Europe for intra European flights.

Jetstar on the other hand is most definatley LCC.
Old May 31, 2006, 7:34 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More

I think you will be better of buying the ticket as one. Unless you are keen to keep a lookout for special ticket prices but I gather you are not. If you fly into Hobart (which is a great little city to visit) I would fly DJ as Bensyd said its not a traditional LCC and you may be lucky enough to fly the "Hobart Honey"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.