Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

making flight changes when prices drop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2006, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I booked a "cheap" return flight CBR-MEL, but with the current sale the same flights are available for $50 less. It was a red e-deal; can I rebook the old flights or does it need to be a different date (I'm not too fussed about changing dates). If I rebook to a cheaper flight, what happens to the $$ difference?
Old May 28, 2006, 12:13 am

Programs: QF Gold
Try the change flights on the website, you should be able to get a price before committing the change.
Old May 28, 2006, 12:37 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Originally Posted by dikko
I booked a "cheap" return flight CBR-MEL, but with the current sale the same flights are available for $50 less. It was a red e-deal; can I rebook the old flights or does it need to be a different date (I'm not too fussed about changing dates). If I rebook to a cheaper flight, what happens to the $$ difference?
It would be better for you to cancel the original booking and rebook it the same flgiht using the orginal fare as credit towards payment of a new fare.
But as per the fare condition, you cannot re-book and travel on the same day.

Besides, you would need to pay $38.5 itinerary change fee for any changes whether it be flights or dates, so the net beneift is very minimal. The $$ differnece can be used as credit for future QF flights within 12 months.

Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.