Online Checkin

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 4:14 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by simong
Nah they just love Ikea meatballs
Meatballs that cook themselves if left on the ground too long. If only they knew what was in the soil before that place was built!
Old May 26, 2006, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
My corporate Travel agent told me yesterday a QF rep went to her office and demonstrated online check in. She thought it was fully implemented already.

But when I check on qf.com today, nothing?

Has anyone heard or used online checkin?

QF announced on qf.com that online checkin would be rolled out in June.

Can't wait!
Old May 27, 2006, 12:25 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Plat, UA 1k, SPG Gold, IC Ambassador
My only question with online checkin, is at the moment, if a pax has been to the desk, and done a checkin, they know that the pax is in the terminal, and will REALLY try to get onto them, and sometimes hold the flight a bit for a family etc.

Now, they have no idea if they are there, if they did a checkin from home, and got held up on the way... Does this mean more delays for people on the plane?
Old May 27, 2006, 1:58 am
PB

Programs: QF-PS QP
Originally Posted by thehaloboy
My only question with online checkin, is at the moment, if a pax has been to the desk, and done a checkin, they know that the pax is in the terminal, and will REALLY try to get onto them, and sometimes hold the flight a bit for a family etc.

Now, they have no idea if they are there, if they did a checkin from home, and got held up on the way... Does this mean more delays for people on the plane?
This already happens when you're returning on the same day - when checking-in on the outbound leg you will also get your return BP too - even in the Quick Check booths. So when the pm flight is boarding they have no idea if you're in the terminal or not.
Old May 27, 2006, 2:01 am

I really don't think Qantas holds plane for too long when they are waiting for missing pax.

They'll wait for a little while maybe, but not too long.

Don't think things will change with online checkin.

In any case, they could possibly have a flag that says "Online checked in" in the reservation - which means they'll care a lot less that you're not there...
Old May 31, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Plat, UA 1k, SPG Gold, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I really don't think Qantas holds plane for too long when they are waiting for missing pax.

They'll wait for a little while maybe, but not too long.

Don't think things will change with online checkin.

In any case, they could possibly have a flag that says "Online checked in" in the reservation - which means they'll care a lot less that you're not there...
I have found they have waited for me on numerous occasions, and I figure its because they can see that I have checked in (so good chance I am in the terminal) or have swiped my QF WP card (if Int).

Just thought that this may screw them up. Having a flag on the ticket saying online checkin would be a good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.