Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-PRG Options?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, (OW Emerald)
SYD-PRG Options?

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice on the best QF points/sc earning and comfort option for a trip SYD-PRG. It will be in early July and I will be spending a max of 4 nights in Prague. Air budget is about A$4500 which I figure would be best spent on BA WT+ via LHR. Any suggestions on alternative options would be appreciated. Thanks
Old May 18, 2006, 11:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
With the mastercard promo WT+ to LHR is A$3885 return inclusive of taxes. Given the number of LCCs you should be able to get from London to Prague fairly cheaply - just make sure have plenty of time for connections/delays.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
According to Zuji, the only business class RT option for close to your budget is Korean Air (A$4935) - how badly do you want QFF points?
Old May 19, 2006, 12:15 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Another option is combining tickets - for instance, taking advantage of the Mastercard promo linked to by Kiwi Flyer from SYD to BKK in WT+ (AU$1350 inc tax) and then booking AY from BKK-PRG in Business class (89140 baht inc tax - about AU$3000). That gets you in on budget and certainly clocks up the SC's as well.
Old May 26, 2006, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, (OW Emerald)
thanks for the ideas, I'm going to give AY a go. Seems like a good deal for a "flat" bed and the SC's. Anyone flown with AY?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.