Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

May Newsletter: International flight upgrade awards update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 12:11 am
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 9:07 am Reason: deleted
Old May 17, 2006, 12:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
And QF expects that telling pax this will make them happier? And keep them loyal to QF instead of flying some other airline next time?
Old May 17, 2006, 2:04 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
And QF is very quiet on the fact that status counts when requesting the UG, likewise that the earlier you join the queue, the better your chances.

Interesting that (IIRC) my email said that UGs could be seen on the web 5 hrs prior whereas most on FT would have seen them at 24 hrs prior.
Old May 17, 2006, 3:15 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by og
And QF is very quiet on the fact that status counts when requesting the UG, likewise that the earlier you join the queue, the better your chances.

Interesting that (IIRC) my email said that UGs could be seen on the web 5 hrs prior whereas most on FT would have seen them at 24 hrs prior.
Status is everything, without status, points are probably worth nothing.
Old May 17, 2006, 4:53 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by Wongo
Status is everything, without status, points are probably worth nothing.
Which is why I dont bother with QF.Have just completed a round the world business award with QF-one of those nasty people whose points come from credit cards.Despite booking 12 months in advance had to take economy from JFK to LAX.Tried on checking in to get a business seat and was told full.Was in front row of economy and at LAX counted 14 people from first and business cabins getting off.I didnt ask if any of them were full, but would have appreciated a little honesty-drron you have no status so why bother even asking us.
Now hoping one day I can transfer my visa points to AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.