Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Boeing has the plane for MEL-DFW nonstop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing has the plane for MEL-DFW nonstop

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 10:16 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by hobarthoney
FT is all about the slow leek of information and the tease

My source would not tell me much at this stage and its all in the very early stages and even if the designs are finalised that does not mean they will be implemented. I will leek more as it is passed on to me
Ah, give me the subtle flavouring of a leek over the bitter sweetness of an onion any day. We await your allium porrum's with bated, but sweetened breath.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:25 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I have enjoyed the delights of Joe T Garcias plus and ice cold Shiner Bock in Fort Worth. I think people will be surprised jus how much Fort Worth has to offer the tourist traveler plus I recommend being in Fort Worth for the UT V OU game!

Maybe DFW will be the perfect US hub for JQ
Joe T's food is pretty basic. You have a choice of 3 things on the menu. But they do have the best Margaritas in Ft Worth ^ . Oh yes, be warned, they only take cash - no credit cards (which I assume is a reflection on their employment policy ).

And don't forget one of favourite haunts - The Flying Saucer! A must for any beer drinker . Something like 100 different beers on tap - plus bottles and cans! They even have Coopers Sparkling Ale!
Old May 15, 2006, 10:44 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by NM
Joe T's food is pretty basic. You have a choice of 3 things on the menu. But they do have the best Margaritas in Ft Worth ^ . Oh yes, be warned, they only take cash - no credit cards (which I assume is a reflection on their employment policy ).

And don't forget one of favourite haunts - The Flying Saucer! A must for any beer drinker . Something like 100 different beers on tap - plus bottles and cans! They even have Coopers Sparkling Ale!
I have in fact had the pleasure of drinking a margarita at Joe T's plus and ice cold Coopers at the Flying Saucer! With street names like "Lovers lane", "George Bush Turn Pike" and "Chevy Chase Lane" you could turn Fort Worth into a theme park and it would be a perfect destination for JQ

Also a night drinking to the tunes of the Spasmatics is must!
Old May 15, 2006, 10:46 pm
NM

With street names like "Lovers lane", "George Bush Turn Pike" and "Chevy Chase Lane" you could turn Fort Worth into a theme park and it would be a perfect destination for JQ
Or a Monopoly Board . Don't forget Cherry Lane ^ . Or the romance of I35W .

And there arn't too many places you can see regular F16 flight operations and the occasional B52. I guess we will see lots of JSF flights too when they get underway.

Last edited by NM; May 15, 2006 at 10:51 pm
Old May 16, 2006, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
While we are turning this into the Texan thread

lets not forget Uncle Julio's....Great frozen margaritas ^
Old May 16, 2006, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bensyd
Is it not possible they could be thinking about other routes SYD-JFK non-stop. I just don't see there being that much traffic going into/out of DFW. And now that QF is flying to SFO which is an AA hub there is no real need for DFW.
SFO is not an AA hub. AA's main hugs are ORD, MIA and DFW. UA however has a hub in SFO so maybe there was some confusion there.
Old May 16, 2006, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
SFO is not an AA hub. AA's main hugs are ORD, MIA and DFW. UA however has a hub in SFO so maybe there was some confusion there.
They could certainly do with a Westcoast hub then.
Old May 16, 2006, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
LAX however serves as AA's mini hub. If you look at their route maps, they do have a substantial amount of flights from there, but certainly nowhere near as many as their main 3 hubs.
Old May 16, 2006, 4:28 am
NM

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
And don't forget STL which they inherited from TWA.
Old May 16, 2006, 4:45 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
I will leek more as it is passed on to me
That's Wales' national vegetable you are talking about there ! Smile thingy !
John.
Old May 16, 2006, 5:28 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by JohnSydney2000
That's Wales' national vegetable you are talking about there ! Smile thingy !
John.
With food like that, no wonder the Brits (ie Eggland+Scootland+Whales) lost the empire....
Old May 16, 2006, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
With food like that, no wonder the Brits (ie Eggland+Scootland+Whales) lost the empire....
Dont knock the leek its a great vegetable...although I'm sure the irony is not lost on anyone at Wales the Culinary Centre that it isnt having a vegetable as its national symbol
Old May 16, 2006, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by JohnSydney2000
... Smile thingy ! ...
That's a "colon" followed bt a right parenthisis as in : ) to give a

Old May 16, 2006, 11:29 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
They could certainly do with more west coast service, too. Aside from LAX, AAll the rest of us live in Yenevelt.
Old May 16, 2006, 4:16 pm

I think people will be surprised jus how much Fort Worth has to offer the tourist traveler plus I recommend being in Fort Worth for the UT V OU game!
I agree that Fort Worth has a lot to offer the tourist, but why would anyone want to be in Fort Worth for the UT-OU game??? After all, the Red River Shoot-out (or, given Oklahoma's dominance in 5 of the last 6 games, more affectionately called the Red River Blow-out) is played at the Cotton Bowl--which is in Dallas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.