Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you request seats CHC-SYD-LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Can you request seats CHC-SYD-LHR

Can you request specific seats on these flights (business class) or do you have to let the system do it the day before the flight?
Old May 8, 2006, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
With Qantas ou certainly can request seats for international business class. Seats normally get allocated automatically in the premium cabins; you can check this out after making your booking using www.CheckMyTrip.com.
Old May 8, 2006, 10:08 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Even if AAnother airline makes the QF flight reservations for you (or even an agent), just ring QF (131313 in Oz) and ask them for the seats of your choosing.
Old May 8, 2006, 10:38 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Be aware that unlike some other AAirlines, QF does not permit all the seats to be pre-allocated, resulting in the situation where families or groups may not be able to sit together. Qantas will only permit pre-allocation until a certain maximum percentage of the cabin has been allocated. Then all subsequent allocations are done at check-in so people can request to be seated together and the check-in agents will have maximum flexibility to make this happen. Qantas Platinum and Gold FF members can still make seating requests after this limit has been reached - not sure about other OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald members but expect they can also.

This is only for international flights (and domestic legs of internation services) and not for regular domestic flights (thankfully).
Old May 8, 2006, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks,

I just got my seats...I wanted to sit upstairs, but apparently all those seats were taken (2 months from now!)
Old May 8, 2006, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NM
... Qantas will only permit pre-allocation until a certain maximum percentage of the cabin has been allocated. ...
This is true for WHY class; the OP's travel is in J class. It's my experience that Qantas will allow preallocation in this cabin for all bookings until the cabin is just about full. As usual, Qantas also reserve the right to change this preallocation as necessary.
Old May 8, 2006, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAaLot
Thanks,

I just got my seats...I wanted to sit upstairs, but apparently all those seats were taken (2 months from now!)
IME downstairs on a 744 is better anyway; there's more overhead space for carryon luggage.

I guess you were after 5 seats? How did you go with CHC-SYD on the 763?
Old May 8, 2006, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
IME downstairs on a 744 is better anyway; there's more overhead space for carryon luggage.

I guess you were after 5 seats? How did you go with CHC-SYD on the 763?
5 seats straight across on 763
Old May 9, 2006, 1:11 am
NM

I agree totally. I have 23D booked for later this month - my favourite J seat on 3-class 744.
Old May 9, 2006, 1:12 am
NM

This is true for WHY class; the OP's travel is in J class. It's my experience that Qantas will allow preallocation in this cabin for all bookings until the cabin is just about full. As usual, Qantas also reserve the right to change this preallocation as necessary.
Very true indeed.

And yes, its quite normal for the upper deck to be fully allocated way before the flight date. For some reason, people seem to like being up there .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.