Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Upgrades on Qantas.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 3:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AdamM1969
The thing is my father has more than enough pointsfor an upgrade however with the new rules on QF points thats not allowed anymore
What rule is that? he can request an upgrade for you and your priority for the upgrade will be based on his status

Dave
Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Club Bronze, JAL Mileage Bank, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
What rule is that? he can request an upgrade for you and your priority for the upgrade will be based on his status

Dave
From the Qantas site

Flight upgrades are available on:
Discount Economy^ (excluding N, O or Q class) to Business. Ive been told im on Q class.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AdamM1969
From the Qantas site

Flight upgrades are available on:
Discount Economy^ (excluding N, O or Q class) to Business. Ive been told im on Q class.
Ahh, it's the fare base. I read it that you thought that he couldnt upgrade you using his points in general

Dave
Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:59 am

Won the lotto

I agree that the best possibility for an operational upgrade on Qantas is to keep a family group together. We had two J tickets and one coach ticket on Qantas from the U.S. to Brisbane. They upgraded the coach ticket to business.

And to make this wonderful experience even better, the plane being used was configured for three classes and our J seats were in the normally-first-class section.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
I agree that the best possibility for an operational upgrade on Qantas is to keep a family group together. We had two J tickets and one coach ticket on Qantas from the U.S. to Brisbane. They upgraded the coach ticket to business.

And to make this wonderful experience even better, the plane being used was configured for three classes and our J seats were in the normally-first-class section.
No, I would say that Y was oversold so they op-upgraded your Y ticket to J not out of sympathy and wanting to keep you all together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.