Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Connecting From QF to BA in SIN...Can I Check In for BA at MEL??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold

I'll be flying from MEL-SIN in November on QF and will be connecting to BA flight 16 to LHR with 1 hour 10 minutes of connection time. Will I be able to get a boarding pass for my BA flight in MEL as well?

For anybody who has done this before...how long does it take to get off the plane in SIN and get to the BA gates?? I'll be travelling in F.

Any info is appreciated.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MCI777
I'll be flying from MEL-SIN in November on QF and will be connecting to BA flight 16 to LHR with 1 hour 10 minutes of connection time. Will I be able to get a boarding pass for my BA flight in MEL as well?

For anybody who has done this before...how long does it take to get off the plane in SIN and get to the BA gates?? I'll be travelling in F.

Any info is appreciated.
They should have no problem doing this for you; BA and QF both use the C concourse so could be anything from adjacent gates to about 15 apart. cpl of minutes is all it takes

Class of travel does not make any difference to the distance

Dave
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Dave
Maybe not literally, but my legs feel a whole better after getting out F or J than Y.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I agree.. but I suspect the OP threw that tidbit in for good measure.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Dave
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I asked a simple question. I put the fact that I was in F in there because although it may not reduce the actual distance between gates, it (in some cases) does possibly reduce the time to connect. Thus, that tidbit was included. No, I wasn't just throwing it in as a bit of elitism.

Last edited by MCI777; Oct 26, 2005 at 3:27 pm
Old Oct 26, 2005, 4:11 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
No doubt connecting passengers will be looked after and clearly directed to the appropriate gate. Being in F does make the connecting distance less than if travelling in WHY - about 50 rows of seats less if Door 1L is used. Maybe 10 minutes less time as well.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:17 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
With a 70 minute connection, my plan would be a brisk walk to the QF/BA F lounge. Take a shower. Visit the DF shops to stock up on the whiskey collection. Back to the lounge to avail myself of the nice lavatory facilities. Then back to the departure gate.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NM
With a 70 minute connection, my plan would be a brisk walk to the QF/BA F lounge. Take a shower. Visit the DF shops to stock up on the whiskey collection. Back to the lounge to avail myself of the nice lavatory facilities. Then back to the departure gate.

Thanks NM. So needless to say after that post...the connection in SIN should be a breeze. ^
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:04 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Thanks NM. So needless to say after that post...the connection in SIN should be a breeze. ^
PROVIDING the inbound flight is on-time.

Dave
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Connecting in SIN is v easy; unless the flight is delayed you'll have time to visit lounge or get som duty free shopping in before the onward connection

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.