Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas – Promotions/Routes/Scheduling/Sales

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas – Promotions/Routes/Scheduling/Sales

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Exclamation Nice little NTL Sale

QantasLink sale is now including Newcastle and Wollongong:

Brisbane-Newcastle: FROM $87
Melbourne-Newcastle: FROM $86

Melbourne-Wollongong: FROM $101

TRAVEL PERIOD: 25 Dec 05 - 05 Feb 06
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
As I put in my post above, this promo is really badly worded. I think you have to fly from Australia to Asia. First leg QF or BA, second leg AY or CX. Just flying to Asia with QF or BA will not get the points, nor will flying to Asia from anywhere else...

Confusing to the maximum though....

ie. Does my upencoming SYD-HKG / HKG-SIN meet the requirements? Seperate tickets. a few days apart....
The information I posted below is incorrect; hard copy and other advertising has indicated one needs to do both:

1. Travel to Asia, &
2. Fly Cathay Pacific or Finnair to anywhere else within Asia!

I actually believe either of your SYD-HKG and HKG-SIN flights would qualify you!

IMO the wording is only sightly confusing. It is contructed as:
... when you either:
  • do this;
  • do that;
  • do other

As long as you register ...
i.e. you can do either of the three options separated by the semi-colons ( ; ). The carat (/\) relates specifically to the third option of getting to Asia on QF/BA. I almagamated the first two options as between them they basically cover the Asian ports that BA and QF fly to from Oz.

Here is with formatting:
Extra points with oneworldTM to Asia

You could earn 5,000 extra points with oneworld when you either:
  • travel on an eligible* Qantas or British Airways flight between Australia and Bangkok or Singapore;
  • travel on eligible* Qantas flights between Australia and Hong Kong, Jakarta, Manila, Mumbai, Shanghai or Tokyo;
  • connect with an eligible* oneworld partner flight on Cathay Pacific or Finnair to anywhere else within Asia./\
To earn the extra 5,000 points you need to:
  • be an Australian resident Frequent Flyer.
  • register online~ before you travel.
Regardless of the number of qualifying trips you take, bonus points will only be awarded once per member.

Valid for travel from 1 November 2005 to 31 January 2006.
* For eligible flights, see Section 9.3.1. of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions.
/\You must fly Qantas or British Airways to Asia and connect to a oneworld partner flight with a CX or AY code for travel within Asia to earn the extra 5,000 points. Award flight bookings do not qualify for extra points.
~ You only need to register once. Regardless of the number of qualifying trips you take, bonus points will only be awarded once per member. Points will be awarded irrespective of class travelled or Frequent Flyer tier status. Points will be credited to your account by 28 February 2006. Travel must be commenced and completed within the validity period stated.

This offer is only valid for current Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members. Only Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn points in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee applies.
Destination and passenger enquiries: You should enquire about local issues and conditions at your destination prior to travel. Qantas makes no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 9, 2005 at 5:12 pm
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:27 am

Programs: QF Gold
Earn double points from Melbourne to London with British Airways

qantas.com/BritishAirwaysDoublePoints

British Airways Double Points Offer

Earn double points* when you travel between Melbourne and London in Economy, Business or First on the following flights:

British Airways flights BA17/BA18, or
Qantas flights QF387/QF388 (codeshare service operated by British Airways)
Valid for travel between 30 September and 31 December 2005.

Register online for this offer.

* Double points will only be awarded on international flight numbers BA17, BA18 or Qantas flight numbers QF387/QF388 on your ticket. Flights must be taken between 30 September and 31 December 2005. Double points will not apply to flights taken after 31 December 2005. Points will be awarded 30 days after travel. The extra points will not be earned on any connecting Trans-Tasman or Australian domestic services. Prior to booking and travel check the Travel Advisory Notices listed on the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. A service fee of A$40 or NZ$45 per person per booking is charged when making reservations via Qantas Telephone Sales, Qantas Travel outlets and Qantas Airport locations. Some travel agents may charge in excess of A$10 for their service fee.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:12 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by grant32
qantas.com/BritishAirwaysDoublePoints

British Airways Double Points Offer

Earn double points* when you travel between Melbourne and London in Economy, Business or First on the following flights:

British Airways flights BA17/BA18, or
Qantas flights QF387/QF388 (codeshare service operated by British Airways)
Valid for travel between 30 September and 31 December 2005.
Very nice.

Stupid question I'm sure, but why are QF introducing an offer that encourages us to book on BA flights to and from Oz not on QF ones ?!? Or are they all the same for them (revenue wise, etc) due to the JSA ?

Oh, and one more thing - this is double miles on 100% miles flown (on the BA coded flights) now isn't it, not double points on 25% as it was until very recently, right ?

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Oct 14, 2005 at 9:17 am
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
hmmmm BA business sale NZ$6500

SCs 640
flown miles 24,318
* 2.25 (biz, plat) 54,716
+ 1 (MEL-LHR only) = 21,032
earned miles 75,748

+ whatever earned in the free europe add-on

not MR material but not bad if need to go anyway

this assumes the bonus is = flown miles, double points could mean 2.25 * flown miles (for biz, plat) which would get the total over 100k

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 14, 2005 at 11:49 am
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Stupid question I'm sure, but why are QF introducing an offer that encourages us to book on BA flights to and from Oz not on QF ones ?!? Or are they all the same for them (revenue wise, etc) due to the JSA ?

Oh, and one more thing - this is double miles on 100% miles flown (on the BA coded flights) now isn't it, not double points on 25% as it was until very recently, right ?
All is pooled, so QF have an interest in making sure that BA's MEL flights are fuller. It's interesting that the route is still a struggle for BA.

I would have thought that it should now be 2 x 100%.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
All is pooled, so QF have an interest in making sure that BA's MEL flights are fuller. It's interesting that the route is still a struggle for BA.

I would have thought that it should now be 2 x 100%.
Thanks Globaliser, appreciated.

And there are fares from London (using BA17 and 18) in Nov. in Y at £650 all in.

With WP bonus for e.g. and the double miles bonus one would get 63,036 miles for the round trip. Almost pays for itself !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Oct 14, 2005 at 6:41 pm
Old Oct 15, 2005, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
And there are fares from London (using BA17 and 18) in Nov. in Y at £650 all in.
Thanks for that. It's got me thinking, although if I end up on a trip down under it looks like it'll have to be before the dates on which those fares are valid.

I don't know where grant32's information came from so couldn't calm my query about whether the offer would be valid for ex-UK travel. But I probably have an excuse to go to Melbourne anyway so might give this a whirl. I notice it doesn't seem to be valid in WT+, although that may just be bad drafting.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Looks like QF are playing catch-up. Virgin have been offering double miles on its SYD-HKG and LHR flights since June (until 31 Dec) for Flying Club member although the VS offer is not valid for UK registered members.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks for that. It's got me thinking, although if I end up on a trip down under it looks like it'll have to be before the dates on which those fares are valid.

I don't know where grant32's information came from so couldn't calm my query about whether the offer would be valid for ex-UK travel. But I probably have an excuse to go to Melbourne anyway so might give this a whirl. I notice it doesn't seem to be valid in WT+, although that may just be bad drafting.
I received a nice little cardboard folder, which a brochure folded out of. Attached was also a letter explaining the offer in more detail. Anyone received one of these? I already had a return booked on BA18/17 so don't know if it was targetted or not.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - but I don't think QF's ever sent out stuff like that to me. So thank you again for the info and the link.

As it happens, it looks like the BA MEL flights are full on the days that I want them. Typical!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Exclamation

Polynesian Update

Polynesian will leave the Frequent Flyer program on 31 January 2006 and you will no longer earn points with them after this date.

You may book available Award flights on Polynesian before 1 February 2006, however your tickets must be issued by 28 February 2006. Award tickets already issued for travel on Polynesian remain valid.

Note that from 30 October 2005 Polynesian will no longer offer flights between Australia or New Zealand and Samoa.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Latest Qantas Promotion...

Be part of Telstra Rally Australia

You and a friend could enjoy return Economy flights with Qantas to Perth plus:
  • 4 nights at the Sheraton Perth,
  • 2 Gold Rally Club passes including spectator and grandstand seating,
  • Rally-on-the-Run luncheon package, marquee entrance, reserved parking, official program and more.

To enter register online using your Frequent Flyer number and PIN.

Or, SMS your name and Frequent Flyer number to 199 222 00.

Terms and conditions apply.

Booking and Enquiries
Web: Telstra Rally Australia

Sorry to disappoint again Kiwi Flyer....
The Promoter is Qantas Airways Limited, ABN 16 009 661 901 of 203 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW, 2020. The promotion commences at 12.01am (Sydney time) on Tuesday 18 October 2005 and ends at 11.59pm (Sydney time) on Tuesday 25 October 2005. Subject to clause 5, entry is open to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members (as defined by the Promoter) and who are aged 18 years or over. ('Eligible Entrants').
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Australian Airlines - Latest Sale

Australian Airlines - Sapporo Sale

From Wednesday 02 November 2005 until Saturday 25 March 2006 Australian Airlines will operate 2 weekly services on Wednesdays and Saturdays between Cairns and Sapporo. Connections are available from other cities within Australia.

Seats are on sale now for travel between Wednesday 02 November 2005 and Wednesday 21 December 2005. Sale ends midnight Monday 31 October 2005 (AEST) or until sold out. Hurry - seats are limited.

Return economy airfares to Sapporo from:

Adelaide from $1443.00
Brisbane from $1341.00
Canberra from $1439.00
Cairns from $1263.00
Melbourne from $1437.00
Gold Coast from $1354.00
Sydney from $1354.00

Includes:
  • Inflight entertainment
  • Meals and refreshments

Minimum stay – 5 days
Maximum stay – 35 days

BOOK NOW

For holiday tips and more info on destination
Visit http://www.australianairlines.com.au/japan_sapporo.html
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Special sale on Today (Thursday, 20th)

Just checking the QF website and noticed there is a special sale on the 'golden triangle routes' which ends midnight tonight.

MEL to SYD and vice versa (from $82)
BNE to SYD and vice versa (from $82)

Valid for travel between 3rd November and 12 December 2005.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.