Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF WP's off to PER - questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta
It might sound somber, but in Freo make sure you visit the Fremantle Gaol - now a museum. Well worth a look, they still have the gallows intact!
Yes.. if you look closely you can almost picture the QF execs in them after the recent QFF changes..
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:40 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I love the way the perthites say its about a 3 hr drive!
its a VERY fast break the speed limit and ad to all the crosses on the highway!!
I have never in my life seen so many crosses on one stretch of highway

A lot of the drive is in the dark as there are no street lights.
And given the less than stellar weather forecast for this weekend (well this entire week), I would suggest that three hours is not likely to be enough.

Of course the bureau may be wrong, and it will be a fine sunny day, in whcih case 3 hours
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:36 am

QF WP,

Thought it's time for another check for U class on your flights...

No change from before.

Still:

10/6 QF767 BNE/PER Nil
14/6 QF810 PER/ADL Nil
15/6 QF766 ADL/SYD Nil
15/6 QF556 SYD/BNE U3
Old Jun 7, 2005, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I feared as much, Aus_Mal - I just can't justify burning points on a SYD/BNE flight which will be a "snack flight" even if we are connecting from ADL.

Better uses for them - like our proposed skiing to Canada @ Xmas and visits to JFK and GEG. Have around 500K so perhaps J or F (if I can snag them)...
Old Jun 7, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: qf wp
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I love the way the perthites say its about a 3 hr drive!
its a VERY fast break the speed limit and ad to all the crosses on the highway!!
I have never in my life seen so many crosses on one stretch of highway

A lot of the drive is in the dark as there are no street lights.

there are terrible curves and turns.I do admit I drove at night but I would always tell anyone who is not familiar with the landscape that they need 4 hrs.

its a leisurely 4 hrs and one really needs 2 days down at the wineries and driving through the jarrah forests to the lighthouse.
When did you last do the trip tinky? They've extended the freeway in the past year or so, so you don't have to detour through Kwinana at 60kmh any more and I'd guess that 70-80% of the Mandurah-Bunbury section is dual lane highway now. Post Bunbury is generally single lane (although again there is the Busselton bypass too now) and it's only Caves Road/Bussell Highway that are tight and winding. 3hrs will easily get you to the region, although depends if you get caught in the traffic jams on the freeway in South of Perth around the building of the Perth-Mandurah railway.

And you should drive during the day... no need for street lights and no kangaroos either!

But I agree that one night isn't doing it justice.

Just past MR is the Watershed winery... great new vineyard and restaurant. Is you are into the beach, then watching the surfers at Prevelly might be worth a detour, although it's a bit cold at the moment to go for a dip. (most people don't realise that Margaret River town is actually about 15km inland... Prevelly is at the mouth of the Margaret River and where the surfers actually get wet (or Yallingup or anywhere along the coast!).
Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QF WP
14/6 QF810 PER/ADL $238.43

Damn!! Will miss you by a few hours at the QP.....
Old Jun 12, 2005, 7:44 am

Checked again for the Upgradibility of the flights...

QF810 has a lot of J availability but no U.
QF766 has 2 seats in J but no U.

Hope your time away is going well.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
perthite, seems like I just missed a couple of FT'ers (you and ozmerish) before and during the trip; however caught up unexpectedly with meloz in his Perth Hilton suite on Sunday night and Dave Noble yesterday in the SYD QP before his trip to Eggland today.

Didn't try for any upgrades, got exit row seats instead on PER/ADL and SYD/BNE which was almost as good (extra legroom for no points cost). All the J seats were gone on all flights...

Trip Report will be coming.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by QF WP
Trip Report will be coming.
...including brief reviews of the wineries visited? Oh, please Mr QF WP!
Old Jun 16, 2005, 12:16 am
Original Poster

I can guarantee you of that, deeruck. Made sure that we visited multiple wineries to sample the grapes (and buy some of my favourites, of which a case is being shipped to me but I brought some home in my luggage)....
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:26 am
Original Poster

For those interested (deeruck, etc), I have finalised my Trip Report
Old Aug 14, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Much appreciated QF WP! Great report. It's certainly an area that beckons for return visits, what with chocolate, cheese and wine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.