Search

Domestic flights SYD-CNS // CNS-MEL

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 4:36 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Hello again,

I've confirmed my flights now having got the award ticket I was looking for. And I should also have my QP membership card before this trip. So a couple of quick questions:

1. I'm booked on SYD-CNS QF 924 departing 0940 and on QF 703 for CNS-MEL departing 1330. What meals can I expect in these flights in J?

2. I just called up QF and the agent I spoke to told me that they do not do seat allocations until check-in for any domestic flight. Even in J! Is this true or was she fobbing me off? She was even unable to confirm a window or aisle??

TIA

cheers
AJ
Old May 16, 2005, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by AJLondon
... 1. I'm booked on SYD-CNS QF 924 departing 0940 and on QF 703 for CNS-MEL departing 1330. What meals can I expect in these flights in J?
Here is the Qantas Web Page on Business Catering. (Thanks bravoecho : ) )

Looking at flight information for QF924, it shows as "breakfast", but I doubt this. You will probably get a "snack" or "Refreshment".

QF703 is showing as "lunch".

QF924 is normally operated by a 332 or 763. QF703 , operated by a 737-800.

2. I just called up QF and the agent I spoke to told me that they do not do seat allocations until check-in for any domestic flight. Even in J! Is this true or was she fobbing me off? She was even unable to confirm a window or aisle?? ...
This is not really correct, especially as you have joined the QP. Over 95% of seat allocation for a QF Donestic flight is done by computer software in the early hours of the day of travel. This automated process takes all booking and prioritises with a pecking order along the lines of CL, WP, SG, PS, QP NB, NB then all others.

As a QP member, you should be able to advise a seating preference; this is normally profiled 'under' your frequent flyer account (same as QP number). You will probably need to ensure your ff number and seating preferences are entered against your booking for this to be taken into account during the automatic seat pre-allocation process. You will probably get seating something in line with your preferences, however there is no gaurantee of this.

Last edited by serfty; May 16, 2005 at 6:44 pm Reason: allocation info / Whoops J seats not WHY!
Old May 16, 2005, 6:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Originally Posted by serfty
Serfty,

I think AJLondon is booked in J on these flights as per the following comment:

What meals can I expect in these flights in J?
so therefore he need to look at this link
Old May 16, 2005, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

2. I just called up QF and the agent I spoke to told me that they do not do seat allocations until check-in for any domestic flight. Even in J! Is this true or was she fobbing me off? She was even unable to confirm a window or aisle??
if you change to the International flight (QF61) then you should be able to do seat allocations; you cannot pre-allocate seats on domestic services where the flight number is 400 or above.

Dave
Old May 16, 2005, 6:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by bravoecho
Serfty,

I think AJLondon is booked in J on these flights as per the following comment:

so therefore he need to look at this link
Thanks all. It is indeed J that I am booked in.
So I guess for this almost 3 hr flight, a full hot meal should be a certainty...

And I didn't realize seat allocations were not possible in domestic Business class! I applied for my QP membership about a week ago, so I guess it'll take QF a few weeks to send me the card etc here. Once that happens, I'll add the number to my booking.

cheers
AJ
Old May 16, 2005, 9:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
And I didn't realize seat allocations were not possible in domestic Business class! I applied for my QP membership about a week ago, so I guess it'll take QF a few weeks to send me the card etc here. Once that happens, I'll add the number to my booking.
Ring reservations and tell them you have just joined. They will do a search for your membership number and then add it to your booking for you. You won't need the card then for your QF flights, as it will be on your boarding pass. You will get into the QP's based on this alone.

Dave
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It may seem low, but the excess baggage rate is indeed $10 + GST = $11 per piece, so I wouldnt fret too much over it.
The charge has now doubled to AU$20 +GST.

They are unlikely to charge you anything if you check in 2 pieces.
In my experience I've found that true but with the new increase will they continue to waive the charge for pax without oneworld status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.