Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WP upgrading other passengers ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QP NB
Question WP upgrading other passengers ?

Just wondering, can a WP upgrade someone else ?? For example my partner and I are QPNB, we tried to get upgraded (L to J) on either QF63 SYD-JNB or QF94 but were told there was no availibility but someone told me yesterday that if I knew a WP that I could transfer the points to them and get them to organise the upgrade for us.....does this sound right or was he pulling my leg ?
Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:38 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
It's been reported that WPs can request a seat to be opened for their own use. So if you're a WP, you can request a seat for your partner. However, what you seem to be asking will break the T&Cs for the program, unless your partner is one of the defined family members of a WP...
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:51 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Agree with Leumas - only if you are an "eligible family member" as defined in the QF T&C's would the WP be able to organise it. Because the WP is using their points/UC's for you; then you are seen to be "Platinum" member from a point of view of status (to release U seats) or position in the waitlist queue.

For you to be able to transfer the points to the WP in the first place, again it must be in line with the "eligible family member" situation in the [b]T&C's

If you/your partner and the WP aren't related, then it is breaching the T&C's.

Last edited by QF WP; Jan 27, 2005 at 6:58 pm
Old Jan 27, 2005, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QP NB
hmmm, how would QF know that its not a "eligible family member" as you can have a step-father for example who would have a different surname....its not like they would request a marriage certificate now would they ?
Old Jan 27, 2005, 9:44 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
There is no way they can know this. But they do reserve the right to put the onus of proof back onto the FF member. In my experience of redeeming FF awards for my sister-in-law, proof is seldom required. There has been occasional reports of US members being asked to provide proof (ir marriage certification etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.