Original Poster

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
upgrade king

you heard right

4/4 flights... got my first taste of skybed back to sydney this morning
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
envious (I'm assuming you didnt pay for upgrades using $, points or UCs)
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
envious (I'm assuming you didnt pay for upgrades using $, points or UCs)
nope... ok to sydney was a bit lucky..

12 J but the boarding pass said economy... and it was economy service.. still 5 billion times better than the wooden slats down the back.

<3 OW
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Well done.

... back to sydney ...
From where?

I have not been into upgrades much, but the two I have waitlisted for came thru.

I generally do not leave it to chance and rarely need to waitlist. If I wish to be upgraded, I ensure that U class is available on a flight before I book it, then upgrade ASAP.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Well done.

From where?
LAX

I also was seated next to a very nice woman who shared a few experiences on her upgrades and how they transpired...
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Just wondering... is there any way of telling in advance whether or not they wil be assigning J seats for economy?

I ask because my sister flew MEL-LAX last week, and will be returning on Tuesday... on class availability J and D classes showed '0' from around two weeks out, F had seats and Y (and sub-classes) were showing at least 4.

The same is showing for the flight back this Tuesday - although this time F, A, J and D are already zero'd out... (same for both the MEL and SYD services).

Will QF tell me if a J cabin is going to be assigned to Y?

Regards

WG
Old Jan 20, 2005, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Just wondering... is there any way of telling in advance whether or not they wil be assigning J seats for economy?

I ask because my sister flew MEL-LAX last week, and will be returning on Tuesday... on class availability J and D classes showed '0' from around two weeks out, F had seats and Y (and sub-classes) were showing at least 4.

The same is showing for the flight back this Tuesday - although this time F, A, J and D are already zero'd out... (same for both the MEL and SYD services).

Will QF tell me if a J cabin is going to be assigned to Y?

Regards

WG
Their excuse on my flight was there were no F pax, and they moved J -> F seats and a few WP's up to J. Apart from that Im not sure if you can tell prior if they are going to assign J to Y pax.

Perhaps someone else may know more about their systems
Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Availability Tool
LAX MEL 25/2315 27/0925 QF94 F5 A5 J3 D1 Y0 H0 K0 M0 L0 VC S0 NC QC O0 [744]
LHR/MEL/Europe FF, If this is your sister's flight, it appears to be booked out in WHY.

The J Seatmap is showing 9 seats available. In F there are 4 seats. A WHY enquiry gives this reponse: "SEAT ASSIGNMENT AT AIRPORT CHECK IN".
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by serfty
LHR/MEL/Europe FF, If this is your sister's flight, it appears to be booked out in WHY.

The J Seatmap is showing 9 seats available. In F there are 4 seats. A WHY enquiry gives this reponse: "SEAT ASSIGNMENT AT AIRPORT CHECK IN".
Thanks for the replies. Serfty - thanks for the update - looks like the flight has just filled up!

Regards

WG
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, TG *P, IHG P
Using points tried to book the family (4 incl me) to LAX return First class...no go, Biz ...no go, Coach...ok. Q consultant told me that they have standing orders to tell PAX that First & Biz is never available on weekend flights between MEL & LAX.

When I returned from LAX to MEL some weeks ago (in coach) biz class downstairs was completely empty (don't know about upstairs).

I'm WP and fly internationally several times per month and book everything these days in coach and am trying to use up my 2million points on upgrades before they get devalued any more.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaia
I'm WP and fly internationally several times per month and book everything these days in coach and am trying to use up my 2million points on upgrades before they get devalued any more.
If you need help with that - you have my contact info ^
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, TG *P, IHG P
Originally Posted by d00t
If you need help with that - you have my contact info ^
What do you reckon's worth more 35,000 points or 25 status credits.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:28 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Talking

Give me the 35,000 points anyday...

Now if you meant to type Upgrade Credits, that would change my answer. 35 would get me a RTW Y upgraded to J on all QF sectors.

Last edited by QF WP; Jan 26, 2005 at 5:44 pm Reason: adding the QF in last line to satisfy NM's point
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:11 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Question

Originally Posted by QF WP
Give me the 35,000 points anyday...

Now if you meant to type Upgrade Credits, that would change my answer. 35 would get me a RTW Y upgraded to J on all sectors.
Hmm, now how would you go about upgrading the trans-Atlantic sector using those UC's?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Upgrade In Progress?

I am flying to AKL this weekend and have waitlisted for upgrades on both flights. I normally do not try to do this, at least both ways, but with the coming changes I'm tossing a few points out.

For the outbound, zip in J until a week ago when two (of 20) seats went. Still 18 seats left even at 7:30am (AEST) today. The return was showing as having 8 J seats, a figure that slowly decreased thruogh time.

An hour ago I did a Check my Trip and saw that my WHY flight's are now showing Status as "Unable to accept sale" for the MEL-AKL leg and "Have cancelled" for the AKL-MEL leg. These had been showing as "Confirmed". Both J's showing "Confirmed from waitlist" instead of waitlisted. I guess the upgrades have come through. I have 1A for the outbound, but no seat allocation for the return.

I have checked the "Your Bookings" screen and it still shows "Waitlisted" for the business entries. However the WHY is showing status' of "UC" for the outbound and "HX" for the return.

My UC/Points balances have not changed.

As yet I have not been contacted by anyone. Should I wait for a call or contact Qantas ASAP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.