Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Ad in the Miami Herald Newspaper

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
QF Ad in the Miami Herald Newspaper

I flew on AA280 this morning, LAX - MIA. The flight was a 757 and it was full in both classes, with many of my fellow Business Class travelers obviously Aussies connecting from the early morning LAX QF arrivals. There is apparently more QF business generated from MIA than I would have figured. The reason that I am bringing this up is that when I opened the Miami Herald newspaper tonight, I saw a pretty big QF advert hawking "Your Dream Vacation at a Dream Price," with the roo tail of a 747 depicted in the ad... Decent advertisement with great prices ex-USA indicated in the ad.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:40 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Too bad about the change in the vacation experience going from J on QF 744s to the luxury (not) of the F on AA 757s. I'd be "dreaming" of the QF red tail after 5 hrs in those crAApy seats.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:04 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by prspad
I flew on AA280 this morning, LAX - MIA. The flight was a 757 and it was full in both classes, with many of my fellow Business Class travelers obviously Aussies connecting from the early morning LAX QF arrivals. There is apparently more QF business generated from MIA than I would have figured.
Yes. MIA-LAX is one of the biggest AA feeder routes to Qantas flights in Los Angeles. There is a surprisingly decent amount of traffic on the route.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Originally Posted by og
Too bad about the change in the vacation experience going from J on QF 744s to the luxury (not) of the F on AA 757s. I'd be "dreaming" of the QF red tail after 5 hrs in those crAApy seats.
As usual, "OG" is spot on with AAnalysis on those mangy 757's. However, I will say that AA was astute to load in more stores of Mr. & Mrs. T's Bloody Mary Mix and Heinekens when they saw that there were so many Aussies on the roster. The Bloke across the aisle from me tossed down 3 Bloody Mary's before he knocked the serving tray out of the FA's hands with some accidental, boistrous arm waving... A good time was had by all, as I too enjoyed a few beers to make the nAAsty seats more comfortable in mind only!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You Aussies must be going to MIA to warm up, no? Why else ride our lovely 757-200s?

Maybe the flights are really full of folks looking for a "soft" winter experience? A few more years and trips to the upper half, they'll work up to International Falls, Minnesota, or even Churchill, Manitoba in Canada - everyone can be happy there, as 40 below Celsius is the same in Fahrenheit - 40 below. Trivia I never needed, nor wanted, to know but experienced firsthand up there.)

Yes, I can post here - I am QF NB! Briefly, member of the Pub as well. Actually, got lost in the one at Brissie and spent the year there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.