Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

BA EC number into QF domestic booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Centurion, NetJets Card

I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer:

I'm a BA EC member in the UK, and need to book a domestic QF SYD-MEL-ADL-SYD trip in March (to watch some F1 and visit friends as part of a trip).

How do I get my BA EC number into the QF booking? I tried booking but it asked for a QF Club no, which I don't have.

Any advice?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by christianh
I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer:

I'm a BA EC member in the UK, and need to book a domestic QF SYD-MEL-ADL-SYD trip in March (to watch some F1 and visit friends as part of a trip).

How do I get my BA EC number into the QF booking? I tried booking but it asked for a QF Club no, which I don't have.

Any advice?
Umm, phone Qantas Reservations and give them your BA number to put in the booking

Dave
Old Jan 12, 2005, 4:36 pm

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
BA EC, can Qantas see your status in the computer (no card here)

Can Qantas see your BA EC status in the computer ? I am in SYD for a few more weeks, and will take a few Qantas internal flights but don't have my BA card with me (Silver) and would like to acces the Qantas lounge in SYD and MEL ? Any similar experience ?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:14 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I'd certainly put your BA EC number in the bookings (as it will print out on the BP) as well as taking a copy of a print out of your BA EC membership screen dumps showing you as Silver. That's your best bet...but not a certainty by any stretch of the imagination.

At least the lounge dragons at SYD QP don't breathe fire as hot as the MEL QP one's.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I have yet to encounter a dragon at T2 or T3 in SYD. MEL opn the other hand, I think it is in the job description.

Anyway, just checked with SYD T3 QP reception, and they said that if the BA EC number is in the booking then the OWS status will appear on the BP. If for some reason it doesn't then they have access to the BA system to verify.

Whether or not the MEL dragons would be willing to go to such effort is another matter.

Dave
Old Jan 13, 2005, 2:11 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Thanks !

Herve
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Can Qantas see your BA EC status in the computer ? I am in SYD for a few more weeks, and will take a few Qantas internal flights but don't have my BA card with me (Silver)
Forgot to add, next time you travel, always always always always have your FF card with you. Some computer systers are compatible, some aren't. The plastic is better than some tenuous link between airline CRS's

Dave
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:38 am

I recently took about 20 internal flights in Australia, all booked online using the Qantas website.

I too had the problem that you can only use a QF number, but I wanted to add my AA number instead.

Found that it was best done at check in. The miles posted every time.

Just to confuse matters I put my Qantas Club number into the web bookings, that way I always got priority luggage tags and preferred seating. You will get neither of these with your BA status in the booking. I tried changing the QF number to my AA number (platinum) a few days in advance for one of the flights and got a rubbish seat and no tags!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.