Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FREE UPGRADES - What's your advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I'd be wanting a lot more than an upgrade from *A to move business there!

Ok... so my boy (my gfs brother) tried this technique for the 3rd time today.
I raced him.. we checked in at LAS (southwest this time) counter at the same time... then I raced him to the gate.

I was flying through.. lines were not too big at security, the train took a while but nothing to sweat over. Walking briskly the entire way and made it to the gate in 17 minutes. He was there with a drink waiting for me.....

I'll quite happily share the secret for a HP at any intl QP (long as you get me in there!)
It's a bit too good to post here.. sorry guys.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
My dad who is a SG checked in for a SYD-NRT flight yesterday. With the new QFF changes, he has decided to switch to AA and signed up for the platinum challenge. His QF SG number was on his reservation and his BP when he checked in, so he asked the checkin lady to put his no status AA number in, she printed out his new BP and he then got op upped to J. Why even Qantas would opup a no status AA pax before a SG is even beyond me.

My tip: be a no status pax with an AA number
Old Jan 13, 2005, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by d00t
I'd be wanting a lot more than an upgrade from *A to move business there!

Ok... so my boy (my gfs brother) tried this technique for the 3rd time today.
I raced him.. we checked in at LAS (southwest this time) counter at the same time... then I raced him to the gate.

I was flying through.. lines were not too big at security, the train took a while but nothing to sweat over. Walking briskly the entire way and made it to the gate in 17 minutes. He was there with a drink waiting for me.....

I'll quite happily share the secret for a HP at any intl QP (long as you get me in there!)
It's a bit too good to post here.. sorry guys.

Surely there's only a certain number of times you can pretend to be running late for your wedding and needing a better seat so you're all relaxed for it!

I've been Op up'd once on a domestic flight. Wasn't anything I said or did - just the business class was totally empty and they wanted some people there so a few FF's got up'd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.