Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The letter about the dining changes never reached me, which has made me wonder if they have accurately recorded my address (when I moved from ozStamps PO Box!!)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Folks apologies for the delay here.

Dealing with the various incantations over the years of Diamond Club/Premium Club has been at times akin to dealing with Aeroflot.

Senior folks guaranteeing you one thing and they move on/are sacked or whatever, and the next person denies it ever was agreed.

Folks send you letters and emails promising something and the new breed deny they are correct. And on it goes.

One female board regular was literally reduced to tears when a VERY senior staffer (program head actually) phoned and all but accused her of stealing a half dozen members packs she'd organised foer FT'ers via me. Why they did not just cancel out those numbers in the system was anyone's guess. Turns out they simply had forgot to mail them out in the first instance etc.

Have spent a fruitless few weeks trying to nail someone down on the FT renewals of which dozens are due around now.

The new party line basically is we can pay ~$250 each or go jump.

The other deal of about $400 a "twofer" they will not allow this year.

I phoned the head Admin lady today to bypass the rafts of quite clueless "Kylies" I struck in recent weeks.

The bad news is :

1. ~$250 each - no exceptions except for cases like NM where the "twofers" have same surname and address.

2. No vouchers WHATEVER this year except a $66 one. And the card for 20% off dining (was 50%) and 20% off wotif rates if that ever occurs.

3. No website at all to check offers and promises. I pointed out to her that many WRITTEN promises from senior managers of the plan had been refused/overturned/adjusted in recent times, so why would anyone believe a word the commission driven phone spielers told you verbally. Nope - phone renewals are it baby. "Trust us."

4. She denied there had ever been vouchers issued like the $265 "Weekend Indulgence Package" (room and evening dinner and brekkie for 2) I politely said I was holding two of them in my hand and she all but said that was a lie.

5. She breathlessly did advise the huge bennie for 2006 was monthly emails offers. I politely said we already got those PLUS the wad of valuable vouchers. She changed the subject!

6. I asked why the members who signed late 2004 on the firm PROMISE SYD Hilton would be open Jan 2005 did not have any member extension (of 5/6 months) and she claimed that was never promised. I advised I had it in writing from the #1 man. As he was no longer there it was void she advised! It was like a Monty Python skit.

I certainly used the recent vouchers like $125 rooms, $99 suite upgrade, 50% off room rates, $155 Suites, Asian Hiltons as low as $30 fixed price, $55 vouchers, Health Club Certs I could give to friends, '50% off' dining cards to friends, etc, etc.

These are all history now.

The only person there who appears empowered to actually make a decision is a Mr Robin Waters in SYD. Conveniently he signs letters showing no email address, but if anyone has one for him please pass it on to me!

Several dozen FT'ers that I am aware of signed up for this program in recent years. A shame to see it decimated so rapidly to be a very pale shadow of what it was only a year or so back.

I've had a dual membership for 4 years but doubt I'll renew unless someone in there sees sense. Just cannot see value there any more.

Last edited by ozstamps; Feb 23, 2006 at 4:13 am
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hilton Cairns invites all Hilton Premium Club Members to redeem any unused accommodaton certificates during the month of March. Check your membership packs, contact our reservations department and quote the certificate you would like to use when making your booking.

Available certificates include:

Welcome to Hilton - $66
Exclusive Rate - $125
50% off Room Rates certificate

If you have already used your certificates, take advantage of your 20% Premium Club discount any time.

Offer valid March 1 - March 31, 2006. Subject to availability. Quote plan code "BC" for your Welcome to Hilton, "2X" for your Exclusive Rate certificate or "NK" for your 50% off Room Rates certificate.
Wonder if they really mean "unused" or "non-expired" ??

I still have 2 x $55 a night good to end Feb ... wonder if they'll allow things like that for March use?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:50 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Thumbs down

Glen,
Per my email to you yesterday. The offer out of Melbourne is $245 each or $445 for two years. The $66 vouchers (one per year) were all that was offered, although they did offer a personalised service which has already proven to be less than wonderful. (polite aren't I)

This isn't much better than your offer however it still shows that the ducks aren't lined up correctly.

You really have to wonder.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:00 am
Suspended

Hi There,

I think the "kylie" called myself and my friend a few days ago offering the renew his Diamnd/premium club membership
The offer was for 245AUD and she mentioned some thing about monthly deals.

As my friend is leaving Aust soon so he was not interested, however I took the offer.

Glen we did mention ur name, however the lady first put us on hold for 5 minutes, then said no special deal. Then I told her last year my friend paid 200 and she said, OK will give you a wine voucher.

I mena at the end of the day it is only 45 difference so I just accepted. However if she charged me 265 then I will call up AMEX and tell them not to process that charge!

She is a rather pushy charater!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Re the single person price ... I really was not focusing on that as I wanted them to agree to the ~$405 "twofer" that "Kylie" had offered me only days earlier for FT'ers. (To be fair her name was something quite unprounceable so Kylie was simpler to type!)

I took the $265 figure off serfty's post 451 above as being current single rate.

The woman today kept saying "normal single rate" and I kept steering it back to the "twofer" and it may indeed have been $245 .. I did not want to even TALK about single rate. I've used "~$250" until we clarify it.

Glen
Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:40 am

Glen I too was offered the $430 for 2 people.

WHEN are these people going to get their act together.
its like a bit of a comedy act. the sooner they take this program to the states and get it right the better.
Hey if you all have member for a stays left jsut use them when u go to hiltons for a few months theyll get the idea then!

remember if they have no one joining the program they loose their jobs ^
they need us more than we need them
to add that I was re offered the 430 for 2 people today!

Last edited by tinkybelle; Feb 23, 2006 at 8:53 pm
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:28 am

They are running out of days to call me up and offer me an extension. Even if they do ring in the next few days, I would still wonder why they leave the renewals till so late in the piece. Maybe they think it will be hard to get folk to renew with the current offer.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Folks apologies for the delay here.

Dealing with the various incantations over the years of Diamond Club/Premium Club has been at times akin to dealing with Aeroflot.

Senior folks guaranteeing you one thing and they move on/are sacked or whatever, and the next person denies it ever was agreed.

Folks send you letters and emails promising something and the new breed deny they are correct. And on it goes.

One female board regular was literally reduced to tears when a VERY senior staffer (program head actually) phoned and all but accused her of stealing a half dozen members packs she'd organised foer FT'ers via me. Why they did not just cancel out those numbers in the system was anyone's guess. Turns out they simply had forgot to mail them out in the first instance etc.

Have spent a fruitless few weeks trying to nail someone down on the FT renewals of which dozens are due around now.

The new party line basically is we can pay ~$250 each or go jump.

The other deal of about $400 a "twofer" they will not allow this year.

I phoned the head Admin lady today to bypass the rafts of quite clueless "Kylies" I struck in recent weeks.

The bad news is :

1. ~$250 each - no exceptions except for cases like NM where the "twofers" have same surname and address.

2. No vouchers WHATEVER this year except a $66 one. And the card for 20% off dining (was 50%) and 20% off wotif rates if that ever occurs.

3. No website at all to check offers and promises. I pointed out to her that many WRITTEN promises from senior managers of the plan had been refused/overturned/adjusted in recent times, so why would anyone believe a word the commission driven phone spielers told you verbally. Nope - phone renewals are it baby. "Trust us."

4. She denied there had ever been vouchers issued like the $265 "Weekend Indulgence Package" (room and evening dinner and brekkie for 2) I politely said I was holding two of them in my hand and she all but said that was a lie.

5. She breathlessly did advise the huge bennie for 2006 was monthly emails offers. I politely said we already got those PLUS the wad of valuable vouchers. She changed the subject!

6. I asked why the members who signed late 2004 on the firm PROMISE SYD Hilton would be open Jan 2005 did not have any member extension (of 5/6 months) and she claimed that was never promised. I advised I had it in writing from the #1 man. As he was no longer there it was void she advised! It was like a Monty Python skit.

I certainly used the recent vouchers like $125 rooms, $99 suite upgrade, 50% off room rates, $155 Suites, Asian Hiltons as low as $30 fixed price, $55 vouchers, Health Club Certs I could give to friends, '50% off' dining cards to friends, etc, etc.

These are all history now.

The only person there who appears empowered to actually make a decision is a Mr Robin Waters in SYD. Conveniently he signs letters showing no email address, but if anyone has one for him please pass it on to me!

Several dozen FT'ers that I am aware of signed up for this program in recent years. A shame to see it decimated so rapidly to be a very pale shadow of what it was only a year or so back.

I've had a dual membership for 4 years but doubt I'll renew unless someone in there sees sense. Just cannot see value there any more.

i might be willing to pursue this with the company dealing with Hilton premium club and Robin. i am emailing Glenn but in the meantime i think it would be helpful if fellow flyertalkers could post whether they are willing to join. That would give a rough gauge in numbers.

Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Interested!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 5:15 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Wouldn't it seem to be commonsense that they have to be both valid date-wise (unexpired) and unused

Of course, you could ring them to seee if you could squeeze an extension, but they would be under no obligation to do so as they expire in 4 days and do not meet the criteria for their offer.

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Wonder if they really mean "unused" or "non-expired" ??

I still have 2 x $55 a night good to end Feb ... wonder if they'll allow things like that for March use?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:11 pm

Speaking to the friendly res staff in the states right now and they said yes I am correct EXPIRED vouchers are acceptable!
I have 2 so 2 nights
but they are saying you cant combine them I said well both persones in the room are members.so she booked 2 nights.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Speaking to the friendly res staff in the states right now and they said yes I am correct EXPIRED vouchers are acceptable!

I have 2 so 2 nights

but they are saying you cant combine them I said well both persons in the room are members.
I sort of thought that might be why they sent the email -- i.e. just saying "to redeem any unused accommodaton certificates" for folks who otherwise would not bother booking in Cairns.

I still have a couiple of the $55 a night ones expiring end Feb, but as they have no member nubber on them I might think about it.

Long way to go for a couple cheap hotel nights tho.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Joining Hilton Premium Club--Good news

just to let the board know,

im currently in discussions with the marketing head of the company that runs hilton diamond club. They are reviewing the situation.

In the meantime, could you all private me or email glen again of your renewed interest with a verifiable email address. The deal that im working with the company is definately better than what glen posted earlier. I cannot disclose any specifics at this point in time but all i can say is that its definately better. And yes i think its gratifying that so many of you have expressed interest in the programme. It should be less than the AUD248.00 dollars mentioned earlier.

Im aware that because of the time lapse, some of you have decided to wait a bit longer. It shouldn't be too long now.

Once i hear from the company on thursday, i will private and email you with the details. Glen, i think its best if you could consolidate those people that have contacted you and when we hear from the company on thursday, we can send an email out to these people. Please let me know of the exact numbers

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:32 am

Hi trekkie,
Hope you can work something out, I've sent you a PM, but Glen should already have me on his list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.