Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could interest some folks here - Hilton "Diamond Club" for ~ $A200 a year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Last Year, Glen organised memberships in pairs (pseudo parter memberships) at $201.50 pp. Thus saving about $50 each.

As I have posted before, wishlist are selling simgle memberships. Currentlythese are $265.

I note the only certificates being advertised by them are the one $66 and 2 "memebr for a Stay". There's no 50% or Suite upgrade vouchers mentioned.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 3, 2006 at 8:19 pm
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Yep. Just confirming with them that they'll agree to that price for 2006.

I should hear Monday and will post here.

In the meantime those that are interested to renew on that basis please contact me.

ozstamps at gmail.com
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

serfty ..... that $403 "twofer" deal was the very original DIAMOND Club deal of over a year back IIRC.

When they changed the name and offers and vouchers and card to PREMIUM Club they upped the single person rate (by $10-$15 IIRC?) and the "Twofer" rate went to $415 for the last few "couples" they did for me.

As you mention it is $265 singly so the 'twofer' deal still saves over $50 a person.

The problem with these folks is they keep changing staff and structure and contact points. The website they used to have for this deal seems to be now gone?

http://www.memberbenefits.com.au/ate...vel/hilton.htm

The guy I set this up with was the Australian man Manager of the whole deal. He is long gone as are about 4 or 5 of the contacts I later made, but I'm still persevering to get someone senior to confirm a 2006 rate.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:46 pm
Suspended

My friend just made a reservation directly with Hilton Sydney. However only Mid-week is available.
Well better than wasting the voucher.

My friend is also interested in renewing the membership so please let me know what are the procedures.

Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:37 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
When do they send our renewal notices to see if you want to continue the membership?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Still waiting for the alleged Program Head to get back to me on this.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you guys.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

. .

Last edited by ozstamps; Feb 16, 2006 at 5:19 am
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozstamps

The problem with these folks is they keep changing staff and structure and contact points. The website they used to have for this deal seems to be now gone?

http://www.memberbenefits.com.au/ate...vel/hilton.htm

The guy I set this up with was the Australian Manager of the whole deal. He is long gone as are about 4 or 5 of the contacts I later made, but I'm still persevering to get someone senior to confirm a 2006 rate.
Still trying.

The "Program Manager" I emailed a week or two back does not respond.

Some 18 year old sounding Kylie phone today to try and renew mine. I mentioned the email above and the person I sent it to and got the "Oh she does not do that anymore - talk to me"

And I did.

She was supposed to email me the "new deal" ..... and of course did not.

Bottom line it sounded like, NO vouchers in 2006 except the $66 one - just monthly offer emails.

She WAS happy to do the "twofer" deal tho.

Anyway, many folks tell me they are about to renew .. touch base with me and I'll suss this out.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Thumbs down

ozstamps,

As per my email I'm interested so please keep my informed. ^

No mail yet!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
ozstamps,

As per my email I'm interested so please keep my informed. ^

No mail yet!
Me too.....
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:17 am

I still have my entire Premium Club pack (less the Welcome to Hilton voucher), and the vouchers expire in March, so if anyone wants them send me a PM and I'll try to get them to you by the end of next week.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:18 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Following on from uhoo's offer above, then the following could interest some Premium Club members (I just got the March e-Specials by email):

Hilton Cairns invites all Hilton Premium Club Members to redeem any unused accommodaton certificates during the month of March. Check your membership packs, contact our reservations department and quote the certificate you would like to use when making your booking.

Available certificates include:
Welcome to Hilton - $66
Exclusive Rate - $125
50% off Room Rates certificate

If you have already used your certificates, take advantage of your 20% Premium Club discount any time.

Offer valid March 1 - March 31, 2006. Subject to availability. Quote plan code "BC" for your Welcome to Hilton, "2X" for your Exclusive Rate certificate or "NK" for your 50% off Room Rates certificate.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozstamps
... She was supposed to email me the "new deal" ..... and of course did not.

She WAS happy to do the "twofer" deal tho.

Anyway, many folks tell me they are about to renew .. touch base with me and I'll suss this out.
Hi Glen,

How is this all going? My stuff expires in 5 days.

While I have no HPC eligible bookings in March, I do have some in April & May. I would very much like to save ~$50 on this membership.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Hi Glen,

How is this all going? My stuff expires in 5 days.

While I have no HPC eligible bookings in March, I do have some in April & May. I would very much like to save ~$50 on this membership.
My stuff expires the same time. I am surprised that I haven't even heard from the Hilton people about extending for another year.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite
My stuff expires the same time. I am surprised that I haven't even heard from the Hilton people about extending for another year.
I have not had anything about renewing either, only the EMailed advertising. The letter about the dining changes took 2 months to eventually reach me in mid January.

With last year's deal I was the partner. I know that my 'other half' is not renewing this year so that may be the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.