Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Who has provided QF feedback on the changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 5:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

I certainly have.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 6:40 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
I think I did. When I hit submit it just takes me to a blank page. Is this normal? Perhaps their site was overloaded with people excited about the enhancements.

Steve
Old Nov 24, 2004, 6:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

I got an automated email acknowledging and saying they will be in touch. Did you get this?
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:01 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I got an automated email acknowledging and saying they will be in touch. Did you get this?
No. Maybe our web proxy is acting up again.

Steve
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Came through straight away for me. Maybe your comments were rejected for being too colourful?
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is there any real reason to send them feedback. It is not as if they don't know that the changes to redemptions are going to be unpopular and it is hardly likely that they are going to be all surprised and cancel out the changes.

Dave
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:53 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is there any real reason to send them feedback. It is not as if they don't know that the changes to redemptions are going to be unpopular and it is hardly likely that they are going to be all surprised and cancel out the changes.

Dave
Genau (or exactement if you like French). You've hit the nail on the head, Dave.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
You mean my SG card in 6 pieces?
Old Nov 25, 2004, 11:02 am

Programs: QF WP+Partner Gold, Skywards Gold, AA, NWA
I'm sure if enough senior frequent flyers email QF and say they are taking their business elsewhere they will be forced to act.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If I remember correctly BMI DC changed their FF programme when it was pointed out repeatedly that people earnt less miles flying BMI (25% mileage) than other *A airlines for the same route.

This and other changes were rescinded. So there is some hope

Mark
Old Nov 25, 2004, 11:09 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Specific criticisms rather than generic complaint is better IMHO.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I didn't criticise the changes in any way in my email.

I highlighted the new benefits from a platinum perspective.
Very short list...

Now that I can transfer points to "family members", who wants to buy my points? only $30 per thousand, $10 cheaper than QF
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
It is DEFINITELY worth everyone's time to write. UA tried to something similar to this a couple years ago by reducing the economy fare classes their systemwide upgrade certs could be used on - requiring passengers to purchase more expensive tickets in order to upgrade. "Better chances of confirming an upgrade... " blah blah blah.

Given SWU's are only issued to their 1K 100,000 mile annual fliers - you can imagine people were extremely upset. They got so much flak they issued "sweet spot" systemwide certificates to compensate - which allowed upgrades from ANY fare class. The following year, the eligible fare classes were changed back to the way they were originally . They learned their lesson. Do a search for "sweet spot" in the UA forum and go back a couple years - you'll see UA got an earful - and deservedly so.

When changes affect the most loyal customers in a sharply negaive way, it's definitely worth your time. Doing nothing just implies acceptance.

- T
Old Nov 28, 2004, 12:47 am

Programs: QF WP+Partner Gold, Skywards Gold, AA, NWA
As far as I can work out the new changes disadvantage most the highest tier frequent flyers, and those redeeming long haul international flights.

I am currently writing a letter to Geoff Dixon (short note, questioning sanity of business decision to annoy most loyal customers, suggesting he scrutinise Ms Chaimberlain and her team etc), and Jenny Chaimberlain (General Manager Loyalty Programs, giving details of what I don't like).

I hope lots of others do the same! I think it is better to target senior QF staff individually rather than just send notes to Customer Relations (who must be inundated by now).

Jon
Old Nov 28, 2004, 4:52 pm

Programs: QF LTG, TG *P, IHG P
Originally Posted by emeraldo
I am currently writing a letter to Geoff Dixon (...) and Jenny Chaimberlain (...).

I hope lots of others do the same! I think it is better to target senior QF staff individually rather than just send notes to Customer Relations (...).

Jon
Very sensible.

Write to the people who make the decisions, not to the staff who have to enforce them.

I have written to James Strong (in the past) and Geoff Dixon (more recently) and have always received a response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.