Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double Status Credits - Targeted Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Status Credits - Targeted Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 9:26 am

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
Originally Posted by Lis
Ok, so curiosity had the better of me: I called the FF Centre.
Has anyone had any success talking their way into this offer (who didn't get the initial email) ?
Old Nov 20, 2004, 9:36 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
* * *500* * *
Old Nov 20, 2004, 10:49 pm

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
Well, I sent a request to be considered for inclusion in this promotion, just missed silver last year (thought they might have comped me), lots of *A flights, I'll come back if they throw me a bone.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:31 pm

It doesn't look like they pay much attention to flights booked in advance, as i am only going to fall short by around 100 points after i've flown my current bookings.

I wonder if I tell them this, would they include me? Only one way to find out I guess!

Drew
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:39 pm

Programs: QF WP, SPG Gold
I remember with great bitterness one of these promotions a couple of years back when a colleague got double status and I didn't... he did double WP that year (silly Qantas) ... while I only got to WP on my last flight on the last day of my status year. *sigh*

(well done on the 500 posts, d00t)
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:49 pm

Update...

Just spoke to the QFF Service Centre. Apparently the promotions are sent out by the 'Marketing Relations' team at qantas. The guy was very nice and said he asked his senior who said they had no way of over-riding someone to be included into the offer.

Anyone know anyone in Marketing Relations? I don't feel like paying my QP membership again

Drew
Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:32 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Looks like Mrs QF WP was targeted, as the following popped up on her FF online statement after our weekend trip to MEL:

EXCLUSIVE STATUS CREDITS BONUS
QF 623 ECONOMY 26NOV04 BRISBANE/MELBOURNE

EXCLUSIVE STATUS CREDITS BONUS
QF 610 ECONOMY 29NOV04 MELBOURNE/BRISBANE

Pity they were only N class fares, but an extra 10 SC's each flight is still better than nothing...

Additional Status credits required by 28 Feb 2005 to retain Silver: 100

That should be a walk in the park, with a K class BNE/SYD/BNE being done this weekend and others to come hopefully before the end of the promotion.

(then we can put all of her flights on AA Plat card)...

Additional Status credits required to obtain next Upgrade credit: 125

She should also get this before 24 May 2005....
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:04 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Before I left Oz on this trip I phoned the QFF Service Centre and explained that my QF e-mail often doesn't get through. They checked my record and said that I wasn't targeted. I thanked them for checking.

If I had been targeted I may have made Gold on this RTW, but it was not to be. Result - rather than "Going for Gold" I took the AA Platinum lack-of-Challenge and went from 0 AA miles to Platinum in 3 flights and under 24 hours.

Of course QF still get my travel dollars, so I guess it's a win-win for them.

Alan.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 1:25 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Well, it seems that after this double promotion, QF think that Mrs QF WP would like Silver again next year (well, she is only 20 SC's short):

Current Status: Silver
Status reassessment will occur: 28 Feb 2006
Status credits earned from 01 Mar 2004: 280
Additional Status credits required by 28 Feb 2005 to attain Gold: 420

Now the funny thing is that they think she'll be crediting upcoming flights to her QF account...they'd be wrong
Old Dec 11, 2004, 3:18 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by QF WP
Now the funny thing is that they think she'll be crediting upcoming flights to her QF account...they'd be wrong
You mean she has AAnother FF AAccount? .
Old Dec 12, 2004, 5:46 am

Aye, that she does NM, thanks to the excellent tutilage from Dave Noble on the AA Plat (Lack of) Challenge and will be a hAAppy Plat member until February 06 !! Much better earnings on most of her flights under the AA program than 25% bonus on QF, but she'll lose it after then as her flying should be going down dramatically in 2005 (if I have anything to do with it)...

Then we'll transfer her QF points to me and use them all for a wowser of a trip (whilst I still maintain Plat) and use her AA points for some trips to somewhere in NZ or PER (given the excellent redemption rates)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.