Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How many Current lifetime Status credits have you got.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many Current lifetime Status credits have you got.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:32 am

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by StevePER
Also lowly... 1230 lifetime SCs earned in 2.5 years. Over 1000 of those are from PER-SYD trips. It's a pretty boring way to earn.
I obviously don't do enough flying - I'm at 1447 and I've been a member of QFF since December 1993! Will be over 2200 by March 2005 though.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Question

Originally Posted by alect
...maintain WP with DONE4s and start accruing AAdv miles.
Putting all your eggs in different baskets?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 1:03 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I am at 11,093 Life Time Status Credits. After joining the program in 1994. Just about to start my 4th and probably last year of Platinum with Partner Gold to give an indication of timeframes for points accural.

Sadly I lost my job on Wednesday so the quest for lifetime gold is on hold (I wonder if QF will have to issue a profit warning as a result, due to the cancellation of 4 forward J bookings, 2 USA B class trips and some domestics? ) I usually fly quite significantly in the last three months of the year, so sorry Geoff D you might find yourself a bit short of revenue this quarter.

If I can line up a new job pretty quick, I might make a run for Gold with a couple of DONE or AONE 5's just to get it out of the way. If anyone could come up with a routing that sees 2907 SC in a single itin I would be seriously interested in giving it a go.

I only have 98,429 points to go before I reach the magic million so a good DONE or AONE would sort that out as well.

Last edited by nonce; Oct 15, 2004 at 1:09 am Reason: forgot to add FF points count down
Old Oct 15, 2004, 2:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Member since 2000, at the moment I'm about 500 shy of attaining life time silver (woohoo , thanks largely to lots of runs MEL-SYD- TMW/NAA/DBO/MRZ and other such destinations. Now what exactly does LTS get you? Priority tags and annual visit to the QP? Just curious.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 2:47 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
2,500 or so here.

Havnt paid for a flight in over 12 months (except a couple dom trip), burning all these points is hard work!

Question... 14k SC is 'gold for life', but no mention of QC for life... what happends if QF change the structure and gold is the new silver (like AA) ?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:08 am

Ways to go...

2,163 for me - previous company (left recently) mandated travel on *A so since April '04 I've only accrued 70 SC's. I can see I'm gonna be grovelling to Qantas FF to comp me next March - and given they comp'ed me SG this year (was 30 or so SC's short) I don't like my chances

Cheers, gb.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Im on about 5600 lifetime credits, so a year to go if lucky to get lifetime silver. I should be able to get the remaining 330 credits needed for Wp renewal by end of year so doesnt leave too hard an amount to get next year for LS

Dave :-::-::-::-::-:
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by nonce
Sadly I lost my job on Wednesday so the quest for lifetime gold is on hold
hey, sorry to hear. hope it works out.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:51 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Sorry Nonce

Sorry about the job loss. As for the 2907 status credits in 20 sectors, that is even pushing the boundaries for my set of routes. Perhaps if you were to AONE6 it might help as we would need all the 5000+ sectors that are out there. An aveage of nearly 150 per sector would put you into requiring A class tickets to start with and not many under the magic 2700 miles.

I'll have a think. Do you want to originate SYD/MEL?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
How

long should I want for Qantas from the, to credit my account I flew on CX last week?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 5:33 am

Programs: QF Platinum, Qantas Club Life Time Gold, Starwood - Platinum, Hilton Honours - Siver
Currently sitting on about 19,500 with the following note on the Lifetime recognition part of the Your Details page on the Qantas FF Page.

"You have attained lifetime Gold recognition"

These have been accumulated since 1995. Interestingly once you receive Lifetime Gold the Qantas FF Page does not show your lifetime SC total.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:08 pm

Programs: CX MPO Gold; QFClub
Originally Posted by Chris Gibbs
Interestingly once you receive Lifetime Gold the Qantas FF Page does not show your lifetime SC total.
Chris, thanks for the above interesting snippet of information.

Wonder why that is? QFF doesn't want us dwelling too much on all those extra SCs above 14,000 that are worth nothing?

In Our Humble Opinion, it would be nice if they set a Lifetime Plat at a ridiculously high level of SCs.....something like 30,000. Why not? There are very few who would actually make it, but in the meantime, it would encourage long-term loyalty, one would think.

FWIW, DrD is closing fast on Lifetime Gold (less than 500 SCs away). On currently planned travel, he'll make that by January.

Then what?

DrD is making a lot of noises about changing the emphasis of where he puts his points after that, with CX Asiamiles becoming his primary membership and QF the secondary one. The big drawback with that, is that CX doesn't do the equivalent of a "Wife Gold". But his argument is that CX treats it's top-tier members very very well, he feels better than QF.

Any thoughts from other members nearing the 14,000 threshold?

PS, my own lifetime SCs are at least in the 4-figure range, but only just All this flying on the husband's points since my "sabbatical for motherhood" began a couple of years ago has curbed my own earnings dramatcially
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:10 pm

Programs: CX MPO Gold; QFClub
Originally Posted by Wongo
long should I want for Qantas from the, to credit my account I flew on CX last week?
In our experience it takes a week on average. Sometimes longer on long-haul flights originating outside Hong Kong.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by MrsDrD
Wonder why that is? QFF doesn't want us dwelling too much on all those extra SCs above 14,000 that are worth nothing?

In Our Humble Opinion, it would be nice if they set a Lifetime Plat at a ridiculously high level of SCs.....something like 30,000. Why not? There are very few who would actually make it, but in the meantime, it would encourage long-term loyalty, one would think.

Maybe they dont want folk asking for a lifetime plat level!
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:46 pm
MJA

Programs: QF Plat & Partner Gold, QF Life Gold, SPG Gold , Hilton Gold, CO, MH, VS Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MrsDrD
Chris, thanks for the above interesting snippet of information.

FWIW, DrD is closing fast on Lifetime Gold (less than 500 SCs away). On currently planned travel, he'll make that by January.

Then what?

DrD is making a lot of noises about changing the emphasis of where he puts his points after that, with CX Asiamiles becoming his primary membership and QF the secondary one. The big drawback with that, is that CX doesn't do the equivalent of a "Wife Gold". But his argument is that CX treats it's top-tier members very very well, he feels better than QF.

Any thoughts from other members nearing the 14,000 threshold?

PS, my own lifetime SCs are at least in the 4-figure range, but only just All this flying on the husband's points since my "sabbatical for motherhood" began a couple of years ago has curbed my own earnings dramatcially

I agree with your hubby. Once you've arrived at Lifetime Gold, QF don't encourage you to stay with the programme. I'm currently looking at 3 options:

1. per your mail, start directing the points into Asia Miles. CX don't just look after their FF's better, they look after QF's better than QF do a lot of the time (I'm currently running at 1 in 2 flights being op-up'd......I think they must track your spend with them even if you're not Marco Polo / Asia Miles).

2. go for SQ, which in tandem with OW Emerald would allow almost total freedom in future travel planning. Thoughts were to keep my J travel with QF/BA to maintain minimum number of SC's to retail WP, then use SQ for F travel).

3. Start using Virgin once they start up in Dec for my HK and LHR travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.