Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How do you get yourself and 2 friends into Qantas Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2004, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold

Looking for suggstions here,

Beg the front counter staff to let your extra friend in
or
Find a another Qantas Club member travelling alone,

My other question if someone approached you needing a way into Qantas Club would do it.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:23 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Looking for suggstions here,

Beg the front counter staff to let your extra friend in
or
Find a another Qantas Club member travelling alone,

My other question if someone approached you needing a way into Qantas Club would do it.
Depends on the lounge - SYD T3, you just get one guest in through the east entrance and the other one through the west entrance.

Otherwise, you could always purchase an annual guest pass, which will increase your guest entitlement by one (two guests for QC and SG members, three for WP's).

Dave
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:43 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Wink How about this option???

On the mark suggestions thus far.

Bundy Bear, I'm assuming you are talking about BNE QP...you could always find a friendly WP (even better, one from FT) who needs no excuse to come to the QP for a drink....of course, you'd have to be flying at a suitable time for them to turn up...

Othewise, it's handy to know the CSA at the Reception Desk...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:52 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by QF WP
you could always find a friendly WP (even better, one from FT) who needs no excuse to come to the QP for a drink....of course, you'd have to be flying at a suitable time for them to turn up...
And one or two of us have been known to make the trip to the airport for just that purpose .
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:02 am

Beg borrow or barter a silver guest pass.
Or
Just ask a nice person traveling alone can they accept a partner.

Most will.

Actually most acxtually like to use their status to get someone else in.
I am sure that is true of most of us here ^
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I would certainly help anyone who wanted access and gladly bring them in as my guest.
The one way I can think of to get yourself and 2 guests in, is make QF Platinum.
I doubt begging at the MEL QP will do any good from previous experiences.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Just ask! I guess it depends how busy they are but I've managed to get myself and three mates into QPs at SYD MEL and OOL.

Spike
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:31 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Just loiter and ask someone to take you in.

Mrs Mikalee did in SIN when travelling alone; and when she went to turn left at the top of the esculator he said - wrong way, I use the J lounge !
Old Sep 16, 2004, 3:39 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
There is one other way, and I guess it's time to reveil my old QC SP tactics for getting multiple people through the glass doors.

This will only work for domestic lounges. Intl you're out of luck unless you act extreemely stupid.

a) Check in & get boarding pass with all your buddies.

b) Give your boarding pass to your 3rd friend and tell them to wait 5 minutes before coming in.

c) Go into QP, and :
- Tell them you left your boarding pass at the security checkpoint, how stupid you are and that you need a new one, on an exit row

You and your 1st mate get in fine. Your 3rd mate can waltz in 5 min later and bring buddy #4 if required. Buddy #3 must also remember to walk swiftly and not to stop at all, flashing the BP for barely enough time for the agent to read the Qantas Club text.

The only other alternative is to wait until the door agent rotates so they do not recognise you bringing in a 2nd guest.

I even used this tactic as a WP, gaining access for my travelling family (6) in BNE. 2 at a time, 1 had my boarding pass, but of course I did not need to look stupid with a "lost" boarding pass

* Copyright d00t 2001-2004
* If you use this method you will be required to shout me unlimited drinks.

Happy Boozing! ^
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:02 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
In most cases I would be happy to take in a guest if I was travelling alone. But there is one condition - the guest has to shout the first round of HP's .
Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:17 am

Programs: Airpoints, Onecard, Kiwibank Platinum

Deleted.

Last edited by CrusadersCHC; May 2, 2013 at 2:16 pm Reason: Objectionable.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Well didn't get to find out,

Flight out of Brisbane got to the airport about 30 minutes before flight so didn't bother trying to get in, check in, through security a browse of the newsagent and then there was only a few minutes to go.

This afternoon I mentioned to one of my friends that it could be a small problem so decided to stay outside, didn't feel like joining the what he called the "yuppy crowd" (spelling).

Maybe next time, thanks for all your suggestions.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Just want to know whether or not can I bring 1 guest with my CX Gold MPO (Oneworld Saphire)
Old Sep 20, 2004, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Just want to know whether or not can I bring 1 guest with my CX Gold MPO (Oneworld Saphire)
You can take one guest to the QP if departing on an OW service

Dave
Old Nov 12, 2004, 1:27 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Lightbulb I may be in this exact situation soon...

Originally Posted by d00t
There is one other way, and I guess it's time to reveil my old QC SP tactics for getting multiple people through the glass doors.

This will only work for domestic lounges. Intl you're out of luck unless you act extreemely stupid.

a) Check in & get boarding pass with all your buddies.

b) Give your boarding pass to your 3rd friend and tell them to wait 5 minutes before coming in.

c) Go into QP, and :
- Tell them you left your boarding pass at the security checkpoint, how stupid you are and that you need a new one, on an exit row

You and your 1st mate get in fine. Your 3rd mate can waltz in 5 min later and bring buddy #4 if required. Buddy #3 must also remember to walk swiftly and not to stop at all, flashing the BP for barely enough time for the agent to read the Qantas Club text.

The only other alternative is to wait until the door agent rotates so they do not recognise you bringing in a 2nd guest.
In the near future, I may have to try and get 2 guests into the Bne QP as a Qantas Club member when I am only entitled to bring in one guest. Would this work?

Check in as per usual...give my boarding pass with QC status on it to my 2 travelling guests to get in, then 5-10 minutes later, use my Eticket and QC card to get in??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.