Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW FF bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Thumbs up OW FF bonuses

Apologies for the cross post but for once some good news:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352803

Yet nothing on the QF site (yet) explaining its rules for eligibility / registration requirements...

Last edited by virtualtroy; Sep 7, 2004 at 12:17 pm
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Excellent. Here's hoping its 15,000 points rather than IB's 1200!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 6:58 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Hmm, with Mrs NM and Mini NM#4 parting close company in early October, I don't think I am going to be allowed to go anywhere during the short promotion period .
Old Sep 7, 2004, 7:06 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Well I know the line of the promotion that'll be knocking me out of the running:
Flights must be in First, Business, British Airways World Traveller Plus, or in Economy Class with reservations made and ticketed in fare classes Y, B or H.
I don't think I need 15,000 points that badly (though I *will* be in Singapore soon enough, hmmmm, now how much does H class between SIN-BKK on CX and AY cost I wonder? ).
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not on QF website yet
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Nope. Have taken it up with QF. Response read "we will review and action accordingly". Nice to know you're dealing with a human being
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Update

Promotion info has now been added to the QF site and it's 15K miles

T&Cs:

Qantas, as a member of oneworldTM, the leading global airline alliance, is offering Qantas Frequent Flyers 15,000 extra points when they travel on Qantas and two other oneworld carriers.*

To be eligible for this bonus, you must register for this offer online by 30 November, and then fly Qantas and at least two other oneworld carriers, from 1 October to 30 November 2004.

This offer is valid when travelling in First, Business and on Fullly Flexible Economy fares in Economy (classes Y,B or H).

Register now!

Note: Registration is only available online, using your membership number and PIN. You need only register once, regardless of how many times you fly.

Your account will be automatically credited with the extra points by 31 December 2004, once you have completed the required travel.

This offer is only valid for services with a oneworld carriers flight number on your ticket. Offer cannot be combined with any other points offer and is not available in connection with Award seats. Qantas Frequent Flyer numbers must be recorded in the booking before travel has commenced. Each Qantas Frequent Flyer member is eligible for this offer once only, regardless of how many times the member flies and regardless of that member's membership of any other oneworld alliance airline frequent flyer program. Offer is subject to flight availability and schedules are subject to change and cancellation without notice. Only Qantas Frequent Flyers can earn points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee applies.

To book an eligible fare on qantas.com:
- For Australian and New Zealand domestic and trans-Tasman fares select the 'Fully Flexible' fare preference.
- For international fares select the 'Economy Schedule' fare preference, then the 'Flexible Fare' price option.

Last edited by virtualtroy; Sep 9, 2004 at 12:45 am
Old Sep 9, 2004, 1:15 am
NM

Now if only it was extended through to December. I don't think I will be anywhere in October/November (looks longingly in the direction of a blossoming Mrs NM). But I will likely be back to ORD before the end of the year, and could have been tempted to a DCIR22 to get QF/AA/CX involved.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 1:33 am

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Test the TA

As a test, I asked my TA to see how cheaply she could incorporate 3 OWer's in an intinerary from BNE travelling in Y, B, or H.

She came up with AA from BNE to AKL, BA from AKL to SYD and QF from SYD to BNE in one day. Total cost $1773 resulting in 100 SC's and 3767 pts (obviously not including the 15k pts).

If anyone else has any other suggestions fire away
Old Sep 9, 2004, 2:21 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I have a BA WT+ trip and an AA J trip (don't ask) booked during this period. The only one I am missing is QF. Any ideas on QF codeshares in Europe and how to book them ?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 2:41 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
QF codeshare off Europe

Dear Ozzie,

This is a truely ugly question for QF off Europe without bothering to go as far as BKK. Most of the QF rights are associated with continued travel, having got off QF then you can carry on with a QF domestic or european sector QF code.

The other nasty is the fare basis. Obviously YBH for economy but looking for an I class may have to be the option. Perhaps you should consider something like a Manchester up in H back in N if you really want the miles that badly. This would depend on you having the ability to purchase on the codeshare QF codes. This might just work as QF used to run that route LHR-MAN-LHR with a 747-400 but I do not think that they had traffic rights.

I will do some more digging at this end.

Alternatively, open up a BA card and then put the planned flights onto that card with another European option. EI would be the cheapest extra to add. Does not work if you need the status points going to QF for plat/gold level.

Aggh.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:10 am
NM

Originally Posted by spotwelder
Perhaps you should consider something like a Manchester up in H back in N if you really want the miles that badly. This would depend on you having the ability to purchase on the codeshare QF codes. This might just work as QF used to run that route LHR-MAN-LHR with a 747-400 but I do not think that they had traffic rights.
QF has been running a wet-leased (from Flightline) BAe146 LHR-MAN as QF183 just to keep their new slots operating until they start the HKG-LHR services in Nov. Again, you may only be able to book in conjunction with a QF LHR arrival, but might be worth asking since it is not a codeshare, but a real QF flight.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 1:16 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
I will ask BA and flightline

I will ask asap. I happen to know a lot of the Flightline staff anyway. They do the Aberdeen to Scatsta (Shetland) run that I use a lot when in Northern Hemi.

That sounds like a good question for potential Mrs S. who is sat at the ticket desk for 14 hours tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.