Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas vs. Air New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Qantas vs. Air New Zealand

I have a choice between flying first in Qantas and Air New Zealand long haul across the Pacific. Are there those who can compare the seats, service and food between these two? Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2004, 6:41 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Really no comparison, QF is significantly better now. Sleeper seats on QF vs. a good daytime seat on NZ. Until a year ago NZ compensated with superb food/wine service, but that has ended and their food/wine is inferior to QF F and comparable to J on the top-notch airlines (very sad to see the decline, but they were going broke). I now fly AKL-MEL-LAX instead (at least for my last 2 trips). That said, QF trans-pacific F service is shoddy compared to their Kangaroo route service to LHR (which has competition). Also QF is sold out of F on some dates (esp. month end and quarter end).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.