Wiki Posts
Search

Flight QF51 BNE-SIN Seat Layout

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2004, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, BA, VS
Question Flight QF51 BNE-SIN Seat Layout

Can anyone confirm the seating layout on this flight? The qantas website isn't much help, offering two differing configurations. We will be taking this flight on a Saturday in October if that makes any difference.

We would like to request reasonable economy seats, but that's difficult to do when you don't know what seats are reasonable and what aren't!
Old Jul 10, 2004, 9:00 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Was there ever a doubt that EXIT - ISLE seats were never the #1 choice?

Ask for the exit and you wont need to know the config!
Old Jul 10, 2004, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

exit seats are preferred choice but...

The exit row seats are our preferred choice, but we need to ask for these at check in. I'd like to have a fallback by requesting seats in advance in case there are no exits rows left when we check in.
Old Jul 10, 2004, 2:51 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
How many of you travelling?

I am rather partial to the seas at the very back where the fuselage starts to taper and the seating changes from 3-4-3 to 2-4-2.

The small gap between the cabin wall and the seat in front of you gives you extra leg room if you are in the wondow seat, as well as meaning that there is only one person to climb over if you wish to visit the amenities.

Dave
Old Jul 10, 2004, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by d00t
EXIT - ISLE
is that Tasmania? New Zealand? Elba??
Old Jul 11, 2004, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thadocta
How many of you travelling?

I am rather partial to the seas at the very back where the fuselage starts to taper and the seating changes from 3-4-3 to 2-4-2.
Two of us are travelling and I did enquire about those seats as they seem to exist on every configuration, however they are alreay prebooked on our flight

That's the reason for my question, as looking on the Qantas website it suggests there may be at least 2 different configurations of plane used on this route, maybe more.

www.seatguru.com only shows one configuration (with the new 1st and skybeds).

Markuk
Old Jul 11, 2004, 5:38 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Just be aware that QF51/52 is generally slated to be a 747-300. However, some ops are getting a 747-400. If you get a 3-class -400 sold as 2-class QF51/52, then you want a seat in rows 23-27. That will be a business class seat sold as economy.

Yesterday (Sunday) VH-EBX operated QF51 (a 747-300). And VH-OJF (a 3-class 747-400) operated QF175 BNE-LAX sold as two classes. It had apparently just arrived back into BNE as QF52 from SIN before operatig QF175.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:25 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
MarkUK, hope you get your seat allocation sorted to your satisfaction. Does only being BA Blue affect your ability to get seat assignment through QF (hopefully the first set of allocated seats to pax hasn't been filled)? It's a flight we're about to take in a week (connecting to QF9 SIN/LHR)
Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:49 am

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NM
Just be aware that QF51/52 is generally slated to be a 747-300. However, some ops are getting a 747-400. If you get a 3-class -400 sold as 2-class QF51/52, then you want a seat in rows 23-27. That will be a business class seat sold as economy.

Yesterday (Sunday) VH-EBX operated QF51 (a 747-300). And VH-OJF (a 3-class 747-400) operated QF175 BNE-LAX sold as two classes. It had apparently just arrived back into BNE as QF52 from SIN before operatig QF175.
How do you find what a/c type has been allocated - is it what is shown in www.checkmytrip.com or on the Qantas website?

I am on QF51 this Saturday in 21K and would love a J start to a long Y trip to Cork, Ireland.

How is the legroom in this seat? I just moved myself from 28A when I noticed that 21JK were available, however when I ckeck the seatmap it now shows that 28AB are available when previously it showed that the seat next to me was occupied . I didn't realise Qantas blocked seats.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:12 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by bravoecho
How do you find what a/c type has been allocated - is it what is shown in www.checkmytrip.com or on the Qantas website?
I normally go through a dummy booking on itn. go through as far as being able to make seat assignments and that will show the seat layout. If the WHY layout starts with rows 23-27 being 2x3x2 than they are J seats for WHY price/service.

I am on QF51 this Saturday in 21K and would love a J start to a long Y trip to Cork, Ireland.
Unfortunately, row 21 does not exist on any 747-400 aircraft, so that means it must be a 747-300 operaing . At least row 21 is the front row of the WHY cabin. I have not been on a -300 in years so can't tell you if it suffers the same fate as some of the exit row seats with the door intruding into the feet space, but it looks like it is just a standard bulkhead, so I would stay there if you like a window seat. My personal pref would be 21H, but I prefer an aisle seat.

How is the legroom in this seat? I just moved myself from 28A when I noticed that 21JK were available, however when I ckeck the seatmap it now shows that 28AB are available when previously it showed that the seat next to me was occupied . I didn't realise Qantas blocked seats.
They may not have actually blocked it out for non-allocation. Just reserved it for another premium FF to be allocated later. At least that way you are less likely to be sitting next to a once-in-a-lifetime flyer. Then again, isolated middle seats tend to be the last allocated and go to whoever has no status. If the C seat was allocated to an elite FF, then with you in the A seat they may have blocked the B seat from general pre-allocations. Now that the A is free, they want it to be available to a party of two flying together so show it as available again.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Go to the Qantas site, click (I think) flight info, then view booking, then enter your PNR and surname....

What tool are you using to change your seat allocation? This is exactly what I am looking for!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QF WP
MarkUK, hope you get your seat allocation sorted to your satisfaction. Does only being BA Blue affect your ability to get seat assignment through QF (hopefully the first set of allocated seats to pax hasn't been filled)? It's a flight we're about to take in a week (connecting to QF9 SIN/LHR)
I don't think being BA blue makes a blind bit of difference !

We're also flying on to LHR, but with BA in T class, and I can change my seat assignment on their website easily
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by MarkUK
What tool are you using to change your seat allocation? This is exactly what I am looking for!
MarkUK,

I go into www.checkmytrip.com and look on the seat map to see whats around then I call Qantas and get them to make the changes. Pretty easy ^
Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:44 am

Captains Commentary

On QF51 today, the captain was kind enough to keep us updated on the Bledisloe Cup game.

This pleased my greatly ( ) until he gave us the final score ( ).

Not the best bit of news when you have QF9 as your next flight .
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:37 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Unhappy

Bravoecho, I can't believe that we have missed one another by just 3 days (Mrs QF WP and I are on the same flights, QF51 and QF 9). Looks like you'll be in Ireland while we're in England.

Pity we lost, I have given us no chance until Stirling Mortlock scored his try....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.