Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra legroom seats in Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2004, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Extra legroom seats in Economy?

I have the trip from hell coming up: LAX-AKL in Economy, with 3 children in tow. I am also well over 6' tall - any tips on how to get the extra legroom seats in Economy? I have no status with Qantas (but I am BA Gold). Qantas Customer Service won't help - they say I have to ask at check-in, by which time it's usually too late in my experience.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 8, 2004, 3:24 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I'd call again, and try your luck with a different agent. Make sure your BA Gold number is on the booking (and therefore reflect your status).

Just make sure you don't ask (or they don't think you're asking) for an exit row. They won't give that to you if you mention children...

I'll ask for the bulkhead or the very last row... If they want to hold back bulkhead for babies, the last row will give you more room.

Also, how did you get the ticket? Try the agent that booked it for you.

See if anyone can put a note into your booking...

Good luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.