Wiki Posts
Search

New Route for Australian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2004, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
New Route for Australian Airlines

Just checked on the company announcements from Qantas today, and they've announced seasonal flights on Australian Airlines to Sapporo in Japan from Cairns, to tap into the Northern Hemisphere snow season (and no doubt to let all those freezing their butts off in Sapporo fly down to Cairns for some sunshine too ). Certainly a shame that there's no miles to be earnt, but still nice to see the expansion coming on a route I certainly hadn't heard being speculated about before. At least in a couple of weeks lounge access will be allowed, hurrah!
Old Jul 16, 2004, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Just checked on the company announcements from Qantas today, and they've announced seasonal flights on Australian Airlines to Sapporo in Japan from Cairns
I just noticed this as well on the AO website as well. I do fondly remember QF's service to CTS in the 90s - I received three op upgrades to J (out of 4 flights taken!) and regularly used to bump into the pilots and FAs on the ski fields.

Hokkaido is Japan's premier ski area, and I highly recommend a vist. In particular, the Sapporo Snow Festival in February is truly amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.