FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   The NEW -what french are they serving in FIRST thread! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/313689-new-what-french-they-serving-first-thread.html)

NM Jul 12, 2004 6:50 am

The French in J on QF175 was Charles Heidseick. This is sort of on-topic here since I was sitting in an F seat at the time :) . Oh, and I was given two top-ups before takeoff ^ . For a wine philistine like me, this one was quite ok.

tinkybelle Aug 15, 2004 6:58 pm

maybe there is DOM

Just spoke to a friend who is an FA.

She walked past the new products on saturday and there it was
DOM

so looks like we may be getting dom in first. :D :D :D :D :D

Zermatt Aug 15, 2004 7:19 pm

Still Vintage Moet in F on QF 32 last Thursday. Not too bad, though

CdaWorld Sep 15, 2004 6:46 pm

Moet & Chandon 1998 on my flight SYD-LAX in June.

number_6 Sep 15, 2004 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
so looks like we may be getting dom in first.

Something that QF announced almost 6 months ago ... maybe they really are making a deal with SQ now and getting some of their Dom supply.

whughes3 Sep 15, 2004 9:08 pm

On an international J flight last Saturday we were served the Taylors "St Andrews" shiraz..a marked step up from what has been typical in J; maybe things are indeed on the upward trend!

alect Sep 16, 2004 12:09 am

Originally Posted by number_6
Something that QF announced almost 6 months ago ... maybe they really are making a deal with SQ now and getting some of their Dom supply.

I was in F on MEL-LAX QF93 Sep 7 - It was Dom - 1996.

Sorry didn't take notice of the reds and whites - I was in a champagne kinda mood. Although I did partake in the De Bortoli Noble One - one of my favourite dessert wines :D

Zermatt Sep 16, 2004 12:25 am

Originally Posted by whughes3
On an international J flight last Saturday we were served the Taylors "St Andrews" shiraz..a marked step up from what has been typical in J; maybe things are indeed on the upward trend!

I remember QF serving St Andrews on a couple of SIN/SYD/SIN J flights that I did in July & August of last year.

QF WP Sep 16, 2004 1:47 am

Originally Posted by alect
Although I did partake in the De Bortoli Noble One - one of my favourite dessert wines :D

I'll second that :D (although I'll go so far as to say it's my favourite)...anytime you, Mrs alect and mini-alect are in town, let me know, I have a supply (95's, 96's, 97's and 98's) needing suitably willing volunteers to drink them. Make sure it's past the breast-feeding stage though :eek:

tinkybelle Sep 16, 2004 1:59 am

I was in F on MEL-LAX QF93 Sep 7 - It was Dom - 1996.

:D

YYYYIIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Looking forward to my LAX-SYD mid oct.

DONT YOU GUYS DRINK IT ALL :D

alect Sep 16, 2004 10:22 am

Originally Posted by QF WP
I'll second that :D (although I'll go so far as to say it's my favourite)...anytime you, Mrs alect and mini-alect are in town, let me know, I have a supply (95's, 96's, 97's and 98's) needing suitably willing volunteers to drink them.

One (more than) suitably willing volunteer reporting for duty ^

Make sure it's past the breast-feeding stage though :eek:
And what is wrong with some quality sleep enhancer for mini-alect? ;) like father like daughter :D

NM Sep 16, 2004 5:00 pm

One (more than) suitably willing volunteer reporting for duty ^

Might need to add another two volunteers to that list :D

And what is wrong with some quality sleep enhancer for mini-alect? ;) like father like daughter :D

When Mini NM#1 was at that age, our doctor recommended a glass of port before the pre-bedtime feed. I am sure a glass of Noble One would have a very similar effect.

number_6 Sep 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
I have a supply (95's, 96's, 97's and 98's) needing suitably willing volunteers to drink them.

I had the 94 Noble One recently and it really is too young to drink. Presuming you have proper storage conditions (maybe hard to do in BNE) it should peak in another 10 years, not before then. I suppose if stored hot it may be at its best now (my source was in MEL which doesn't have that problem, having only 2 hot days a year). A great wine, almost up to Rieussac level (and a fraction of the price).

tinkybelle Oct 11, 2004 9:58 pm

Moet Vintage 1996 on LAX-SYD F QF108 yesterday.

NM Nov 21, 2004 5:40 pm

QF52 BNE-SYD (domestic sector), which is a 2-class service, was serving Charles Heidseick to accompany the bacon and poached eggs for breakfast while I was seated in 2K.

I will report back on the offering on QF107 SYD-LAX upon arrival. Seat 4K secured to ensure sufficient space to spread out.