Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Weird availability issues APW and TBU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP

A bit academical at this point as I can’t make it work in time for DSC but…

any insight into what is going on with APW and TBU- mainline QF destinations. Attempting to book with connections to and from Darwin (also a mainline QF destination)

tried simple return- no joy “Qantas does not fly to this destination” or similar returned
tried two simple returns- “this destination is only available to book with points”

was having some success with making it a multi city booking DRW-BNE//BNE-APW, that now seems to have crashed also

resisted the temptation to book the itinerary with various OTAs which will seemingly price us (BYOjet, auntie Betty, Jettzy), looks like I am maintaining platinum the old fashioned way next year (!!!)
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
BNE-APW only flying once per week according to Flight Radar....
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydtogla
BNE-APW only flying once per week according to Flight Radar....
weekly on wednesdays and TBU is weekly on saturdays. Doesn’t matter, you still get the messages about no flights or only bookable with points
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Could try picking up the phone and calling Qantas - with a website issue like that , it may waive the offline booking fee
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Could try picking up the phone and calling Qantas - with a website issue like that , it may waive the offline booking fee
I did try the other day and gave up given the lines were clogged with DSC enquiries

will give it a few weeks and relook!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: QF, HH
Try calling the moment the call centre opens, or else attempt to plunge through a short cut through some back way (IT department, insurance, feedback etc). Sometimes they can be a little faster even when they need to transfer you to the right department!
​​​​​
Koru Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.