Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double Status Credits or Double Points 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DownUnderFlyer
Open or download the Qantas App and register your choice of reward by 11.59pm (AEDT) 27 February 2024. To see the offer, ensure you have the latest version of the app and are logged in.Book an eligible Qantas marketed and operated flight by 11.59pm (AEDT) 27 February 2024, for travel between 28 February 2024 and 14 February 2025. Whether you’re booking in the app, via qantas.com, Qantas Holidays or your travel agent, remember to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number and your business’s ABN, if applicable.

What flights are eligible for this offer
Australian Domestic and International Qantas marketed and operated flights booked between Wednesday 21 February 2024 and Tuesday 27 February 2024, for travel between Wednesday 28 February 2024 and Friday 14 February 2025. QF flights operated by Finnair for Qantas (QF291, QF292, QF295 and QF296) will be eligible for this offer. Any other flight with a QF flight number on the ticket which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, and other partner airlines will not be eligible for this offer. Double Qantas Points or double Status Credits will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning Table for details.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

DSC on until 27FEB! Just double-checking: AA-operated flight with QF flight number (SYD-LAX QF4111) will still get DSC?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
DSC on until 27FEB! Just double-checking: AA-operated flight with QF flight number (SYD-LAX QF4111) will still get DSC?
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...rewarding.html

"Qantas marketed and operated means your ticket has a Qantas code (QF), and you are flying on a Qantas aircraft.
QF flights operated by Finnair for Qantas (QF291, QF292, QF295 and QF296) will be eligible for this offer."
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Originally Posted by grinna
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...rewarding.html

"Qantas marketed and operated means your ticket has a Qantas code (QF), and you are flying on a Qantas aircraft.
QF flights operated by Finnair for Qantas (QF291, QF292, QF295 and QF296) will be eligible for this offer."
So that'll be a NO on DSC for QF4111, since not operated by QF or Finnair.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally showed up
Make this year's flights twice as rewarding
Register for your choice of double Status Credits or double Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights.
For a limited time, choose to earn double Status Credits or double Qantas Points on this year’s flights. Register in the latest version of the Qantas App and book your Qantas marketed and operated flights by 11.59pm (AEDT) 27 February 2024.*

Australian Domestic and International Qantas marketed and operated flights booked between Wednesday 21 February 2024 and Tuesday 27 February 2024, for travel between Wednesday 28 February 2024 and Friday 14 February 2025. QF flights operated by Finnair for Qantas (QF291, QF292, QF295 and QF296) will be eligible for this offer. Any other flight with a QF flight number on the ticket which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, and other partner airlines will not be eligible for this offer. Double Qantas Points or double Status Credits will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See Airline Earning Table for details.
<snip>
If under "offers" when logged into QF ff account
Emails get sent out by QF
QF link--> https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...rewarding.html
Register with the App or on line

2023 Thread --> Double Status Credits or Double Points
Bundy Bear, minz56 and fakecd like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 20, 2024 at 2:18 pm
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
thx heads up. Already booked 11 segments only to realize i got 1 flight wrong. called 131313 and had to wait 1hr to get thru. the i asked if this is cuz of DSC and Platinum desk said "yes there is overwhelming number of platty calling in because of the DSC".

i suspect lots of them cancel existing booking and rebook. QF is smart,these DSC is def a win-win promotion
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I've got 4 LHR-SYD segments to book. I'm now seeing an increase under the DSC of c. 500 GBP in each one (in J). So I've gone from 5.6k GBP to 6.1k GBP. I will say that I expected this DSC imminently and have been tracking the flights. A lot of Business Deal fares expired last week which is why I'm seeing the increase on this route.

Also, just worth saying that if you take the LHR-PER-SYD/MEL Coffin route then you'll earn an extra 35-50 SCs (before the doubler). It comes in handy if you chase P1 like me and live abroad so can't just take a segment here or there to get over the 2700 tide mark.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:48 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
lapse of sale fare is common practice ahead of DSC

and surprise they come.back when DSC over. its just cost of this game.

some routes are still ok. i am sure Syd-LHR is a crown jewel route but if you find things like ex TPE to AKL you snare 880SC for 5k aud
sydtogla likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] I have combined several threads into one. [/mod hat]
eminere likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Australian Domestic and International Qantas marketed and operated flights
Well presumably tickets with QF number and operated by Qantaslink or Alliance airlines (even if the aircraft is in Alliance livery) will be eligible for the offer. These are technically not operated by Qantas.

Secondly award flights seem not to be excluded again this year. Can anyone see where they are excluded so presumably included?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:34 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Confirmation email?

Hi everyone,
I registered successfully through the app.
It does show in the app that I have registered for double status credits.
In the past, I would have also received the confirmation email that I was successfully registered for double SC.
However, this time I have not received it yet after rregistering.
I assume that if it shows in the app, then I should have already been successfully registered and I can go ahead to do my bookings?
Cheers, Gerald
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:37 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by igel
Hi everyone,
I registered successfully through the app.
It does show in the app that I have registered for double status credits.
In the past, I would have also received the confirmation email that I was successfully registered for double SC.
However, this time I have not received it yet after rregistering.
I assume that if it shows in the app, then I should have already been successfully registered and I can go ahead to do my bookings?
Cheers, Gerald
Yes you should be fine. I always screen shot my confirmation and make a list of bookings that I made under DSC conditions to be sure I have ‘evidence’ of the process. It’s hard in 10 months time to remember what you booked when.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I've got 4 LHR-SYD segments to book. I'm now seeing an increase under the DSC of c. 500 GBP in each one (in J). So I've gone from 5.6k GBP to 6.1k GBP. I will say that I expected this DSC imminently and have been tracking the flights. A lot of Business Deal fares expired last week which is why I'm seeing the increase on this route.

Also, just worth saying that if you take the LHR-PER-SYD/MEL Coffin route then you'll earn an extra 35-50 SCs (before the doubler). It comes in handy if you chase P1 like me and live abroad so can't just take a segment here or there to get over the 2700 tide mark.
Same for my TPAC flights, but it's done.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
So here is how I will retain P1 this year if anyone is interested. I have more flying to do (mostly on other OW carriers), which will take me up around 5500 SCs in total.

LHR-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR J Deal/Saver = 1150 (DSC)
LHR-PER-SYD-PER-LHR J Deal = 1280 (DSC)
SYD-BNE-AKL J Saver = 250 (DSC)
AKL-SYD J Saver = 160 (DSC)

Total cost = c. A$27,000

LTG will happen tick over year and then I'll be switching to BAEC to try get their LTG as it = Lifetime OW Emerald for 30% less flying than QF LTP. I'm mid 30s at the moment and at current rates I'll hit it by 41.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: qantas
Are flight credit bookings eligible?

Hi Forum,

Good to see DSC back. I have a couple of flight credits from earlier cancellations that I'd like to use. I've checked the T&C and I can't see anything about flight credits being ineligible. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm? Thanks. PHilip
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:22 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
$9.50 per SC earned. Not bad... but anyone here completing some ADL-MEL-BNE-CHC runs? ($2.80/SC?)

Originally Posted by sydtogla
So here is how I will retain P1 this year if anyone is interested. I have more flying to do (mostly on other OW carriers), which will take me up around 5500 SCs in total.

LHR-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR J Deal/Saver = 1150 (DSC)
LHR-PER-SYD-PER-LHR J Deal = 1280 (DSC)
SYD-BNE-AKL J Saver = 250 (DSC)
AKL-SYD J Saver = 160 (DSC)

Total cost = c. A$27,000

LTG will happen tick over year and then I'll be switching to BAEC to try get their LTG as it = Lifetime OW Emerald for 30% less flying than QF LTP. I'm mid 30s at the moment and at current rates I'll hit it by 41.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.