Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Unable to search for Emirates partner reward flights originating from Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Hello - I am encountering some trouble when using the Qantas Multi City reward flight search. I would like to browse availability on Emirates (Dubai to Bangkok or Dubai to London), however, the system seems unable to search for these one way flights on their own when originating in Dubai and returns the error code 4002 each time. However, if I search for say London to Dubai, then Dubai to Bangkok, it does return availability for each one way leg individually.

Does anyone have experience in how to get around this error to check reward flight availability originating in Dubai? Would this be something that could be booked over the phone instead?

Thank you in advance for any help
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:17 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I haven't encountered this particular problem but this really sound like a phone booking to me.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Call them
I just did 2 partner bookings and it took all of 15 minutes after getting through to the agent; phone fee waived if you cannot find the route on the Qantas website (in my case LATAM)
Old Dec 10, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: NZ
Yes, it has been like this for a very long time. If you do a normal one-way search then you will be able to select DXB as the start city and see award availbility by selecting the "Use points" option. I was able to book DXB/LHR/EDI this way. It's not as convenient as the calendar view using the multi-city search, but at least you should be able to make an online booking. Otherwise you will need to call.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minz56
Yes, it has been like this for a very long time. If you do a normal one-way search then you will be able to select DXB as the start city and see award availbility by selecting the "Use points" option. I was able to book DXB/LHR/EDI this way. It's not as convenient as the calendar view using the multi-city search, but at least you should be able to make an online booking. Otherwise you will need to call.
Thank you very much for the tip, I have just tried this and it works well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.