Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First class being sold on SYD-HKG route (?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR

First class seats can be purchased on this route now, but only on November 3 and 4? I noticed as the seat map on my flight changed from the old 2-2-2 business to the new 1-2-1 layout. Was hoping to select a first seat at T-80 but now it seems that won't be possible as it's being treated as a separate cabin. Weird that they'd only do this on two dates and continue to only sell business on all other A380 flights. Wonder if it's somehow a mistake...
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:20 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Only selling Business means there is a (good) chance that a 330 or 789 may be substituted for the 380.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It is certainly being sold as F, all I can think of is, it is something in conjunction with Melbourne cup? (yes I know it goes to SYD...)
Old Oct 24, 2023, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
It is certainly being sold as F, all I can think of is, it is something in conjunction with Melbourne cup? (yes I know it goes to SYD...)
No clue...but if that was the case it would still be very odd as F was not being sold until yesterday or today.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:31 am
Original Poster

F is now back on the seat map for business class, and is no longer for sale. Seems it was a mistake, I would guess due to the equipment swap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.