Wiki Posts
Search

Dash 8 Seat Preferences not saving

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Dash 8 Seat Preferences not saving

Have an upcoming flight on a Dash 8 and know you cannot select specific seats until OLCI. However, in the past, the window/aisle preference has saved and been honored. In my case now, I cannot get the preferences to save. Is the best idea just to call Qantas direct? Alternatively, I can run by airport (in Lord Howe Island so pretty easy to do)

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Dash-8 seating is always a joke, mine is saved as “aisle” but half the time I get allocated a window seat at checkin and have to change it.

QF assumes platinums all want the rubbish exit row seats up front, worst seats on the plane.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shillard
Dash-8 seating is always a joke, mine is saved as “aisle” but half the time I get allocated a window seat at checkin and have to change it.

QF assumes platinums all want the rubbish exit row seats up front, worst seats on the plane.
I think I've yet to find the best seat on the Dash 8..was in row 4 (exit row) on the way out from SYD and it wasn't terrible.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Next to the prop is the worst seat. Noisiest and most hazardous incase of prop failure or landing without gear on one side. If in doubt, google PenAir Flight 3296 at DUT.

Down the back is best for noise, but freight and pax load cause last minute pax shuffling to get the weight / balance correct -especially for departure.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I just take what they give me, usually somewhere near the front, often with seat next to me blocked. Usually such a short flight that it not worth over thinking. Crew is usually young and enthusiastic so typically a good hop flight, and certainly better than than the 1-2 hour flights on AA in "First" even though it is Y.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I'm quite looking forward to my first QF Dash 8 flights. Ex BNE to Longreach (going to check out the museum). Having in the past flown on many Dash 8s (Brymon Airways on behalf of BA) and Lufthansa City I'm sure it will.be a hoot. Maybe noisy but hey it's a Dash 8! Bring it on...😂
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:54 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I once requalified for Platinum purely on domestic Dash-8 flights.

I've had my fill...
nivsy likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Just flew several flights from Sydney to Lord Howe return... row 1 was great for leg room. Ended up having very empty flights both ways so it wasn't too bad at all! Albeit just a bit noisy.. and strange for someone coming from the US being on a flight with only 1 FA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.