Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status Credit Earning for CAI Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA

On a DONEx Oneworld Explorer starting in CAI, the two obvious routes to/from CAI are DOH and LHR.
The CAI-LHR route in business generates 80 SC's according to the calculator and the tables.

The CAI-DOH route is less clear to me.
1. What class is used to determine SC's?
As there is no Business class on these flights in the Middle East, the DONEx books into A or first class.
Does QF give SC's and points for First or Business class on these flights?

2. The calculator for CAI-DOH says Business earns 100 SS's and First earns 150 SC's.
The All Other Flights tables would suggest that a flight of 1280 miles, Business earns 60 SS's and First earns 90 SC's.
Are the tables correct? or the calculator? Or did I miss something?

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Given that the OneWorld ATW busiess class ticket allows booking in 'A' class on that sector, then you will eatn as per 1st class earning rate

From https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...ubai-doha-and- , the earning for flights between Doha and Northern Africa shows an earning of 5100 points and 150 SCs for 1st class, which is the same as the calculator is giving

Last edited by Dave Noble; Aug 29, 2023 at 6:09 pm
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
Thanks Dave.
I missed the "and Northern Africa" addition to Southeast Asia.
I appreciate it.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
On a DONEx in 2017 I did receive (as a QFF credit) 5100/150 for each of my CAI-DOH-CAI segments
Keep on wandering
Fred
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Can confirm as well. A nice little sweet spot for SC earning for a short flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.