Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas thankyou email [Bonus points / SCs]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Received the following email from QF this morning - note that I am QFLTG, but have not credited any flights to QF this year (I credit to BA, use QF for steps, purchases and credit card spend - although mostly Amex so I can send to programs that are more useful to me).

Thank you for flying with us

Hi KF,

Whether it was a weekend away, a business trip or a much anticipated holiday, we appreciate every time you choose to fly with Qantas.

As a gesture of our thanks for making us part of your travel plans this past year, we'd like to offer you a gift of either 1,000 Qantas Points or 30 Status Credits, that can be redeemed via the Qantas App.

We understand that delivering on the things that matter most to our customers is what really counts, like having the latest aircraft, an extensive choice of lounges, an expansive network and reliable service.

Our fleet renewal is underway and we've already begun upgrading many of our lounges, we are the most on-time major domestic airline
~ and we're continuing to add more destinations around Australia and the world.

So, thank you from all of us at Qantas for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

I guess I will chose the points. Interested to see if it is targeted or if others have been dazzled with more gold and silver...

KF
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
As a follow-up to my thread, my wife who is Plat and does credit to QF, received the following email, with a different middle paragraph

As a gesture of our thanks for making us part of your travel plans over the past year, and to celebrate the 24,455 kms^ we've flown together, we would like to offer you a gift of either 5,000 Qantas Points or 75 Status Credits, that can be redeemed via the Qantas App.*

KF
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF Newsroom. Several news realeas today
--> https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/
-->QANTAS AND JETSTAR MEGA SALE, ONE BILLION POINTS FOR FREQUENT FLYERS
<snip>
The Qantas Group has today launched a massive sale across its network as it also thanks frequent flyers with their choice of points or status credits for their ongoing support.

More than one million seats are now on sale for travel across Qantas Domestic, Qantas International, Jetstar and QantasLink regional flights.

Qantas fares will be up to 40 per cent off, including return flights from Sydney to London for $1799 and Melbourne to Los Angeles for $1199. Jetstar fares are up to half price, with domestic Jetstar flights starting from as low as $29 one-way and Jetstar international flights from $145 one-way.

The mega sale includes flights to more than 90 destinations across the country and around the world, offering travellers the opportunity to lock in great value fares and pre-plan family and friends visits, business trips or holiday getaways.

Everyday fares peaked late last calendar year and have since fallen by around 12 per cent as more capacity is added by the more than 50 airlines servicing Australia.

The Qantas Group’s domestic capacity is now above pre-COVID levels while international capacity has recovered to 80 per cent and is expected to reach pre-COVID levels by the middle of next year.

Adjusted for inflation, domestic fares are now around 4 per cent higher than pre-COVID and international fares are around 10 per cent higher.

BONUS QANTAS POINTS AND STATUS CREDITS

Qantas is gifting more than a billion Qantas Points shared between Frequent Flyers who have flown at least one Qantas flight in the past 12 months in recognition of their loyalty. Members can also opt to receive Status Credits instead, which help retain or increase their Frequent Flyer status (Silver, Gold, Platinum etc.).

Eligible customers will receive an email inviting them to choose between 1,000 Frequent Flyer Points or 30 Status Credits. Those who flew 10 or more times will be gifted 5,000 Qantas Points or 75 Status Credits.

It takes six one-way Economy flights between Sydney and Melbourne to earn 5,000 Qantas Points and 75 Status Credits is a quarter of the way to move from Bronze tier up to Silver. (It requires 300 Status Credits to move from Bronze to Silver).

<snip>
I will going for SC's. A little closer to QF Gold (OWS) this year and life time gold (not that far away)
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
I received the email. I chose the 5000 points, since with the rollover of 500 SC from the last membership year, I have already requalified for Platinum for next year.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 8:40 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
5000 or 75 for me. But I received no SC rollover on my anniversary (1/8/23). And I ended the last year on about 1650 SCs.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
5000 or 75 for me. But I received no SC rollover on my anniversary (1/8/23). And I ended the last year on about 1650 SCs.
So LT Plat is just a bridge that is not achievable ;-)
og likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
3.5 months into my membership year and on 870 SCs, will requalify for WP in 2 weeks after a European trip. Offered 75 SCs or 5,000 points - took the points.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
So LT Plat is just a bridge that is not achievable ;-)

I hit LTG back in 2017, I’m only 1/3 of the way to LTP…
Old Aug 24, 2023, 11:52 pm

My membership year ends this month and I've already requalified for plat and I'll have lifetime gold this year on current bookings, so I'll be taking the points.
shillard likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Plat with 300SC short of lifetime silver, utilized status credit rollover (of 275sc) on June renewal. was offered 30SC took the SC. i have other friend also Plat who was offered 30SC
Old Aug 25, 2023, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

It is interesting, two kids who are plat - same flights, different year dates, one offered 75/5000 the other offered 30/1000. Go figure.... (both are around 1000 short of LTG so will be taking the SCs)

And also did work out that if you are not seeing the "thank you" offer, check your app is up to date.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Glad I saw this thread. I didn't get any email, but I received the 30/1000 offer. Took the SC's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.