Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

British Airways Reward availability not showing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

I have been trying to book BA flight from Sydney to London in Business, multiple dates showing on BA in July and June 2024, however these can no longer been seen online or via the call centre even if they change the Point of Sale to London. Other routes with BA are showing open availability in June/July 2024. Anyone else noticed this? Hopefully BA flight to London and Singapore have not gone the same way as Qatar……
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ImissBMIRewards
I have been trying to book BA flight from Sydney to London in Business, multiple dates showing on BA in July and June 2024, however these can no longer been seen online or via the call centre even if they change the Point of Sale to London. Other routes with BA are showing open availability in June/July 2024. Anyone else noticed this? Hopefully BA flight to London and Singapore have not gone the same way as Qatar……
Trying to use BA avios or QF points?? (This is the QF forum)
Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Using Qantas points, flights showing on BA.com, but not showing on Qantas.com or via the call centre when I spoke to someone in Hobart.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ImissBMIRewards
Using Qantas points, flights showing on BA.com, but not showing on Qantas.com or via the call centre when I spoke to someone in Hobart.
I would refer to that as Qantas Reward on a BA flight.
Reward availability is not the same across all frequent flyer partners

Edit
BA forum UK SYD award-->Complete lack of reward availablity on some routes?
globalwanderer84 likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 7, 2023 at 3:39 am
Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:47 pm

British Airways, like Qantas, provide more reward seats for their own members compared to those available for other OneWorld programs.

LHR-SYD and return are notoriously difficult sectors to redeem on, even for British Airways Executive Club members. Most having to call in the early hours of the morning on the day of seat releases to have a chance of booking the flights.

I would suggest keeping an eye on if there is any reward seats on Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, JAL or Qatar Airways as well.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
We should also note that the BA15/16 are notoriously hard to find premium seats on (esp. as it is a great use of upgrades and GUFs), although one tip, but uses more miles is to also look at 11/12 connecting to 15/16.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:13 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
We should also note that the BA15/16 are notoriously hard to find premium seats on
Funny - when I was looking at 2 x U award availability last year on QFF, I could only find BA16 for the range of dates I was after. For the return, BA11 and BA15 were available. Of course YMMV.

This was for flights in September to get to the RWC2023. Go the wobblies...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.